chapter 6

Adrien tip toed into his mansion. He quietly rushed down the hall until he heard a deep voice. "Adrien. Where have you been this past hour? You are late for supper." Gabriel sternly scolded. He straightened up his tie as Adrien dropped his book bag on the floor. "I was with Marinette. And why do you care about my well being all of a sudden? As far as I knew, I've been having breakfast, lunch and dinner by myself at an empty table for 15 years. Why does today make any difference?" Adrien snarled. "I care about my son."
"Well you have a funny way of showing it." Gabriel narrowed his eyes at Adrien while Adrien gave a death glare. "Marinette invited us both for dinner tonight cooked by her uncle Cheng. The best chef in Paris. He's making his special celestial soup tonight and her family wants us to join." Adrien's mouth watered at the talk of food. He really hoped his father would finally spend some sort of quality time with him. Even if he was Hawkmoth, he was still his father.
"I have an interview with one of the biggest writers in Paris. I'm sure a simple dinner can be done another time." Gabriel nodded. He walked away not waiting for a response.
Adrien glared, stomping off. His father never had time for him. He finally understood why. He was too busy sitting in a dark room full of butterflies to care about his own son.
Adrien walked into his room with a glum expression. He walked towards the window looking out at Paris. There, he saw Marinette jumping from roof to roof trying to escape a dark shadow. Marinette. Not Ladybug. But MARINETTE. Adrien didn't know what was after her but he knew he wasn't going to let Marinette get hurt. "Plagg, claws out!"

Marinette's face was covered with a few small scratches and her hands were rough and dusty. Just in time, she saw Cat Noir leap roof to roof to come to the rescue. Even though Cat Noir's on his way, she'll still keep running before whatever could catch up to her. But her feet were carrying her off so fast, she ended up tripping over a chimney. The shadow growled, getting closer and closer to Marinette's face. Marinette squinted her eyes shut knowing it was too late to run. She felt someone snatch her body off and leap off of the roof. She slowly opened her eyes, seeing herself being carried by Cat Noir. She held on tight to his leather suit as the shadow got farther and farther away. She looked back carefully as the shadow went from black to golden and purple.
Instead of going at its regular speed, it struck faster and faster. Cat Noir raised up his staff trying to elevate to another building. Marinette's eyes widened as the shadows got closer and closer until a small crash. It was pitch black. Marinette and Cat Noir were knocked out. All that was there left now was the shadow hovering above their bodies as the 2 were transported to an unknown location.