chapture 2

As the sun starts to come up over the ridge the horses start to stir and I keep them where they are. Running around like Rocky the geldings are the only ones that give me trouble. Hearing the first signs of life in the house I keep everyone tight together as the screen door slams shut. Heads up some prance around making my job harder. 

     "Holly shit," I hear a man say as I turn back to fit another horse back into the mass. The door slams again and I hear him calling out for everyone to get down here before the snakes bite ya. As more pile out a truck pulls up with reinforcements. Happy to finally have help I hear shouts being called out till Tom comes out. On crutches he calls out for everyone to stop. Frozen all of the men and couple women stop and listen to him. 

      "Listen up someone get the gate." Tom orders and people jump to his commands. Seeing the gate open another truck comes and I call out to the horses. Ears perked the men fan out to form a channel for us to run down towards the gate. Leading the charge the horses listen and the stampede starts. Guiding them through the gates I hear a lot of whistles and calls to move us on. Circling back around a few horses have gotten past the wall and I bolt out to fetch them. A man steps out in my way waving his arms trying to hold me back, rearing up I'm tired of fighting them. The blond calls out and I bolt around him. Racing after the two that got away my heart pumps me on as I kick it into high gear. 

      Racing with them I reach over to tell them who's boss as I nip at sides. Sliding to a stop I manage cut off their escape and circle them back around. Understanding I'm just a horse in their eyes I herd the two horses back through the gate. Once there the gates are closed and everyone stands around saying how that could have been bad or how that was tiring. They did nothing but stand around those idiots I snort angrily. All of the cowboys chat about how they became loose to begin with. To answer that a man I would describe as an Indian walks up with his long braided black hair and tan skin wearing a frown. 

     "I think it was my fault. My son was out late last night when I found out from his friends." He looks really nice of a guy to say. He did come here to apologize, thats a start. "He will be punished for his crimes. I am here to apologise and I will pay for his deeds. Is there anything i can do to make up for this?" The older man asks with a pleading expression. Coming to the gate I call out to him and when our eyes meet its like nothing ever before. Coming to me he gently runs his hand down my nose and I let him as I feel his presents welcoming. Closing my eyes he passes a good feeling to me as he lets me go. Resting his hand on my forehead he turns back to the others. 

     "Let us discus this inside." I hear a gruff voice say as he leaves to go to the house. The rest stay outside watching the herd move around aimlessly.  

     "Well, I think we should go get saddled up and split the herd what do you think Tom?" One of the ranch hands asks as he looks back to where Tom is limping over to us. Tom stops at the  fence and peaks through the slats at the mill horses. Finally his eyes lock on mine as i come to him. Nickering softly he sticks his hand in and I eagerly take a deep breath in memorizing him. The blond woman comes over and strokes her hand down my face as well. 

     "Jess I think if you saddle her up it'll be easier to split the herd." he says full heartedly as I nicker softly again in agreement. Looking at him like he's crazy I bob my head to tell them yes.

      "See she even thinks so." He smiles as his eyes shine down on me. Smiling inwardly i know i can trust him.

     "Alright, if you say so." She draws out like she's skeptical. Going to fetch a halter Tom seems to trust me so much its like he knows my secret already. Opening the gate he whispers for me to follow her and I go trotting after her. Waiting outside the tack room she jumps when she sees me waiting. "You are one strange creature." She mutters as she slips the halter on. Feeling this new weight I'm about to get a whole new feeling with this tack on me.