Chapter 7

I'm healing up quicker then the vet said I would. She came out yesterday and took out my stitches. With my super healing from what I am I'm able to be lead outside to graze. Right now Tom is standing out on the porch watching me as Stan, a helper, stands with me to let me graze. Leaning against the fence he has blond hair hidden under a black cowboy hat. His blue eyes are a light sky blue color that seem to be dazed off. Pulling up as much grass as I can in our short times I've cleared a path around. 

      Dropping my lead he gets up from his post and reaches down to grab it. Leaping away it slips through his hands as I bail. Surprised I'm just playing with him. Seeing the cowboy jump after me I call out once and trot away lead dragging. Laughing at him he hurries to follow pulling up his pants and rushing after me. Leaping after the lead like a cat on a mouse he falls flat out on his stomach as I prance around showing him some fun. With the air knocked out of him he looks at me like he can't believe it. 

      Hearing all of the commotion the screen door bangs shut as people pour out to witness my play. Picking up my head I prance on over towards the porch seeing everyone smiling and laughing as Stan tries to catch me. Tom seems to perk up a little as the chase grows. Coming to help I turn on a dime and head the other way. Cutting across my path I turn away again till I'm snatched up. Breathing hard the heat doesn't help, but its tolerable today. Sweating Tom has a hold of me as some lean on their knees catching their breath. Smiling he pats my nose he shakes his head laughing. I like it when i make him laugh. It brightens everyone's mood when they laugh. Without the cast he walks me back towards the barn where I'll be put away till late for another walk this evening. 

     Sighing he lets me go and I watch as he shuts my door. Bolting it closed I cant sneak out and it bums me. Walking away he seems to be shaking his head lost in thought. Out of my sight i hold back a call towards him as i hear his boots hit the gravel outside.  

As dinner time rolls around a car comes gravel crunching in. Stopping I hear them say their hellos to the family and then shoes come this way. Slapping gently on the cement they come to a stop outside my door. Perking my ears its the Indian man. Smiling I blow out through my nose and lift my head more. My door slides open and he lets me come to him. Speaking gently he tells me he has been waiting for the right time to come see me. Saying that the wind has told him of my adventures. The spirits have told him of how I am needed once again. 

      "Come, let us show your friends of what you can do." Dropping the chain he leads the way outside. Heading towards the round pen he invites me in as I look around seeing if anyone is watching. With no one around I feel myself sigh as he lets out a huff. Clucking me on I trot around as he closes the gate. Going to the center he sends me around again and again. Watching me every second he clucks me up to a canter. Grunting my muscles are sore, but I can tolerate it. As sweat starts to form on my body he lets the pressure off and I slow to a walk. 

      Feeling stronger already he clucks me up again and comes at me more forcefully. Pinning my ears I jump into a canter, but he keeps coming at me. Getting pissed off a little I throw my head up as he cuts me off making me turn. He cuts me off again and I put a buck into my canter warning him. Leaping right at me I stop and spin. Getting sick of this I pin my ears as he tells me to go faster. Jumping out I stomp my hooves in the sand and back peddle as he comes after me. Kicking my feet up I focus on the fence and do what I'm known for. Pulling my hooves up to my chest I soar over the pen with room to spare. 

     Hearing laughter behind me I turn back and see him laughing. A group of people stand around looking from me to him and back confused. Pawing the ground the need to run comes over me and the distant call from the mountains calls to me. Turning that way I look at the trees watching them sway in the breeze. The mountains standing tall before me calling me to come home. Something about their beauty calls to me as I hear the wind whistling through the valley. The sun setting my skin shivers at the thought of the lion.