chapter 11

Back at the barn everything seems okay till we go to bed for the night. Off having dinner late because of our fun earlier I hear the yelling from here. Jess seems to be angry at her brother-in-law who's Paisley's dad Yells right back at her. The city man is off again in his car kicking up dust as his light pass through the barn. Unlocking my door I push it open and trot on out to see if I can do anything. Stopping at the entrance Jess has her arms wrapped around herself as she leans on the railing looking out after the man she seems upset. Hurrying over I let out a soft neigh as I lift my head up towards her. Shocked as she sees me coming it goes away as she laughs a little seeing me out. 

     Wiping her eyes i stop under the stairs waiting for her to come to me. If I could smile I would. Trying my best I nudge her arm as I feel her take a shaky breath in. Seeing the lights from inside shining out dinner is over and most are in bed. Focusing I see Tom inside watching out the window a sad face on as he shakes his head in disbelief. Rain starts to pour down on my back as if it could get any worse. Thunder rumbles in the distance as it drizzles out. Petting my nose she sighs and looks back out at the road. Looking as well I can feel shes worried now. Thinking about it he's an idiot for driving in this rain on a dirt road as fast as he comes whipping in all the time. Sighing again Jess leaves me and goes inside. Tom goes to talk to her as I watch through the kitchen window. 

     As they talk she grabs the phone and tries to contact him I'm guessing. Nothing works after the tenth time and its making me antsy. Looking to the road the rain coming down harder it brings back old memories of the cat and how I almost lost my life out there. Something isn't right, I can just tell. Neighing softly I want him to come back, but nothing happens. Thunder threatens the land making me skittish. As the night wears on to ten Paisley comes down finding the two sitting in the kitchen looking out the window longingly. he's still not back and I definatly know something is terribly wrong as i shiver from the cool summer rain. 

    I need to tell them. Stepping up the stairs is difficult and I only get up one step before Tom hears me calling. At the screen door I neigh and look towards the road. Looking back as I feel the cool rain making me chilled he has no clue as to what I want. Pinning my ears I paw the porch as I hear Buck asking whats going on. Coming to the door his eyes widen in surprise as I neigh. Storming out thunder hits closer as he shoos me off the porch like a dog. Rearing lightning slashes the sky making the hairs on my body raise up. Neighing louder I'm drowned out by the roaring thunder. Soaked I need to do something, anything they're not getting it. Circling now everyone is wondering what's up with me. 

     Coming out they all just stare from the porch. Jess's arms wrapped around Paisley's shoulders as I paw the ground and curse to myself. Stupid humans. I know something is wrong now come on do something about it. Spinning around I give up. I've woken up a few cowboys as they come out to join the gawking group. Asking what's going on I'm trying to tell them something is very wrong. Throwing in my two cents I dash away down the dirt road as I hear Tom yelling after me as lightning chases me on. Galloping away maybe now they'll understand now. 

     Freezing from the rain I need to help. I know something is wrong i just know it. Seeing as lightning strikes lighting my way the road cuts through the trees towards town. Memories fresh in my mind I shy away from the thunder. Why am I out here. I should have never left that stupid stall. Pressing on my breath coming quicker and shorter I need to slow. Coming to a canter how am I going to find him in this weather the thought strikes me as lightning strikes a tree close to me. I can feel the electricity coming from the blast as not even a second later thunder rolls over me chilling me to the bone. Stumbling I'm litterly shooken to the ground. Scraping my knees its down right pouring now. The storm only getting worse this is not my day. 

     Fear coating my tongue with a bitter taste I need to get out of here. Tromping away my legs shaking that's when I see it. The flash again shows the sports car sitting in the trees. The road has become a sloppy mess from the rain and I could see the tire tracks from him loosing traction. No one would see it till morning if the storm moves on. Even I was surprised I saw it. In my panic and the flash boom there it was. Shivering I stop dead wondering if he's alright. What if he's dead. I mean I can smell the car is not good and the air bags have gone off. The rain has washed away any sent of it by now. Slowly I head over nose out regretting not staying back home. 

     Coming around over the pounding of the rain I think I hear him groan. Hurrying now I see he's hit his head and the front of the car is crunched. Neighing softly I dont want to cause him anymore harm then what he has, but hearing and then seeing me makes him jump out of his skin. Blood oozes from a cut on his forehead and the window is gone shattered by the force of the car hitting the trees. 

     Slowly I reach over and numbly grab the door. Nosing it he opens it like how I wanted. Swinging his legs out I see the anger in his eyes, but there's something else. I wish he wouldn't move. but we shouldn't stay here either. Reaching out I touch his arm as he hisses out a breath touching his forehead. The blood washing down his face as the rain pummles us he staggers away from me towards the road. Following close behind him his shoes sink in the mud making him curse. Shoes and you're mad over a little mud. I so wanted to slap this guy, but with his injuries already its his fault to begin with. 

     He takes off down the road we came up like its just a short walk. Well sorry buddy, but I galloped here and it took me a little while to find you what do you think walking will take. SighingIi give up and follow after him as he staggers after the direction of the house. 

     I'm soaked to the bone as I hear something else then his slurpy feet and the relentless rain pounding down on my sore back. He seems to hear it too as the ground shakes. Frozen I pin my ears as my instincts tell me to run. Panicked I'm frozen as the flashing lights find us. Shielding his face a car is coming, but that not what im feeling. The blue lights telling me its a cop I'm glade to see him, but everything is not right. Something is terribly wrong again. The shaking continues as I come face to face with a fear of mine. The hill side above us comes to life as the pouring rains suply one of natures greatest beasts. 

     The cop stops and gets out yelling to us if we're okay. Spinning I scream at him to run as all hell breaks down on us. Even city boy knows something is wrong, but its too late. Coming from the dark the land moves. Spinning back around I reach city boy as it washes down on us.