Chapter 37

Pacing the fence line I couldn't wait to see him. News of his return spreading to my eager ears I was so ready to jump out of my skin. I was ready to jump the fence.

     Pawing the ground the dust kicking up I was going to be a dirty mess by the time he showed up. Spinning my body feeling like fireworks ready to explode I let a shrill neigh out as the sound of tires reached me.
     Cantering  I come to a sliding stop as that beat up old truck comes rumbling down. Seeing the windows down I could contain myself any longer. Neighing  as loud as my voice could carry I threw myself heigh. 
      Slowing a head leans out the drivers side as I leap for joy. That smiling face growing wider the tires lock up as those eyes recognize me. Throwing the door open it's all a blur as he comes kicking dust up. The gate may have been beaten slightly in my haste but his arms were around me in no time.
     Settling for the feeling my whole body lets out a sigh as I find peace, I was home.

Canter I was controlled but I was so willing. Head down I was leaning into it as the slightest twist led us into a different path. My thoughts comforting I was just reviling in this feeling of the sun shining through the leafs overhead and the sound of our beating hearts.

Tom taking us farther away then before we were heading for a long days journey. Feeling the beat we're free, free from our chaotic worlds. Free from our bodies to this other worldly bliss.

Laying beside each other his warm fingers tracing through my wet hair I was so relaxed as he worked his magic.

     Our swim in the river refreshing from covering so much ground I needed this. Just the sound of his mellow heart and the birds chipping overhead had me almost asleep.

     "What's your favorite color?" His husky voice luring me out my eyes open to that handsome five o'clock shadow. I can't say anything for a moment as my eyes swallow him up.

     "I love the blue sky in the summer months." Humming to that he leans back resting his head on his hands just glancing up to the clear skies. "But I love your eyes the most." Feeling myself heat up those stunning eyes flicker over my face making butterflies flutter.

     Without saying a word he's back up on his elbow one hand cupping the back of my neck as he draws me closer. Hesitating it's for me, my chance to back away or go for it. Leaning the rest of the way up I close my eyes trusting him with everything I have.

     Our lips meet and it's like sparks fly. It's everything I've ever imaged it be. Letting my heart shine I can't get enough of him. The want the need to be closer taking over his hands traveling over my body I can feel his love warming my body with each brush of his finger tips. With every move of our lips it's heaven.

     A snort catches my ears. Jerking back Tom looks bewildered as I snap up my eyes finding the black watching from the tree line. Ears back I can see the distaste there in his cold eyes.

     Anger consumes me before I realize he's going to tell my father. Leaping at him he's already disappearing into the pines as I shift. My hooves hitting the dirt I launch off from ground diving where he was moments ago.

     Branches wack my sides and I eat a branch as I manage to crawl out of that mess. No sight of him I hear his hoof beats tromping away. Following my senses I'm off like the wicked wind. My search loosing him I curse myself for not catching the black.

     Trotting back I find Tom standing where I left him. The saddle and bridle still tossed to the ground where we left them I walk up to them pawing the ground.

     "Was it someone you knew?" The question hanging in the air I glance over to him. I don't know what my father will do. Will he except Tom or is he in mortal danger now. Bobbing my head slightly it's all he needs to know. Understanding he's silent as he reaches down grabbing the saddle. Slinging it over my back he cinches it up. Taking the bit numbly I'm off to my own thoughts as he mounts up clucking me on.

     What will happen to Tom now. I'll need to be with him from now on till I see where this is going to go. Would my father hurt Tom. I've showed myself to a human and I'm sure that's breaking some rule they have. I'm sure I've broken so many rules it's not funny.

     The ride back was long. Taking it easy we were both left to our thoughts. Alone to deal with the mess I'm in now the trail was a blur.