Chapter 16

The drive back to the ranch was nerve racking. All I could think about was was he going to like me. Does he think I'm pretty and do I look like an idiot. Brushing hair behind my ear the house comes into view as I spot a truck waiting out front. I was tempted to tell Sue to stop right there so no one saw us, but its too late. Stopping beside the truck its empty just like my stomach. Looking back at Sue she gives me one more million watt smile before I open the door. 

     Its going to be okay. I tell myself as the screen door slams shut. Looking up I barely recognize him with a leather jacket and combed hair. Still in it messy, but sexy way and his nice fitting black shirt and jeans. I feel over dressed or maybe under dressed I'm not sure as he smiles. Coming down to meet me I didn't even hear Sue leave as he comes to wrap his arms around me. Resting my hands on his warm chest I'm so lost for words. 

     "You look amazing tonight." He whispers as it takes my breath away. Smiling down at me he lets me go, but not before he opens the passenger door for me. Climbing up in he closes it making sure I'm in. Walking around I let out the breath I was holding as I nervously clench my hands. Climbing up in behind the wheel his smile like the light in my life, I can't believe I'm here with him. I'm the luckiest person in the world right now as we pull out of the drive.  

      Biting my lip I brush my hair out of my face as he drives us to wherever we're going. Sighing I can't help but peak over to him as he smiles. Checking over every once in a while as well we're just having a good time. Hiding my burning cheeks I look out the window as the trees blur by to be met with the small town. Some people walking from here and there we pass the police station as I look back to the barn. 

      Soon he's pulled to the side of the road hopping out to get my door. Taking a deep breath I need to calm myself. Its just us having a good time, but I haven't gone out in such a long time. Actually I've never gone out with anyone. Cursing myself I just need to be myself like Sue said. 

     Coming around he happily opens my door as I thank him. Smiling down at me he gladly takes my hand in his as butterflies stir in my stomach. 

      "Where are we going?" I ask now that we're here. Stopping before a window, inside there's some people already sitting at booths talking and eating. Above the place the sign 'Reggie's Dinner' buzzes its neon colors of yellow and blue. A blinking sign says open as he leads me in. 

     "I thought this place would be the best for a first date." He says so sexy its giving me goose bumps. Beaming up at him he's telling me all about how their burgers are so good and there's nothing like it anywhere else in this town. Inside the smells are almost overwhelming. There's the usual human smells, but there's foods I've never smelt before. The rich smell of sizzling meat and frying foods. Ice clinks in drinks as some couple laugh. A table towards the back has a family with two kids. 

     The kids are telling a story about their day and I just smirk. They're so cute as they wave their hands around and yelling. Taking me the other way we sit at a booth never the back on the opposite side. Sliding in a young woman comes to greet us. Blond hair pulled back into a bun that sits on top of her head she's smiling kindly with a pad of paper and pen ready to write down our orders. The menus before us Tom smiles at the woman saying hi to her. 

     "Hay tom, who may this be?" She asks tilting her head over to me. Her blue eyes shining she seems to be a nice girl. 

     "Julie this is Kay." Smiling down at me she offers her hand which I take and shake. 

      "Its great to know someone is keeping an eye on him." She laughs as she nods towards Tom. Smiling with her this place just has an upbeat feeling to it. With the music playing softly and everyone laughing and smiling its the best human place I've been besides the barn.

     "Ya, well someone has to pull him out of trouble every now and then." I add as his eyes flash at mine with the double meaning. 

     "Alright, what would you guys like to drink on this lovely evening?" Julie asks as Tom says the usual. Asking what kind of drinks she has she jumps right in to tell me what they have. "For sodas we have Coke, Pepsi, Sprite, Orange, and diet too." Nodding I choose the Sprite thinking its mostly watery with flavor. I'm just wondering if my stomach will be able to hold all of this rich food. As she goes off to get our drinks we pick up the menus to see what catches our eye. 

   "The Reggie burger is good, but I love the Texas burger." Finding what he's talking about the Reggie one has less meat then the Texas one. Less meat then that one I thinking that's the one I want. I haven't eaten meat in a long time and I'm not sure I can swallow that much meat in one night. As Julie comes back she takes our orders and then we're left alone waiting. Staring over to me he lets out a sight before leaning forwards. His hand palm up on the table towards me I gladly rest mine over his. 

     "What do you think of it so far?" He asks nodding to the place. Smiling he's so cute some times. 

     Looking around I take it all in as I choose my words. "I think," I do a once more around as the closest table to us laughs at something. Smiling its nothing I've ever come by before. "Its an amazing place. I've never been to somewhere so friendly." Looking around himself there's a couple a few rows down sitting next to each other talking quietly. Letting my hands drop I look back to him as he pulls out from his side and I glade scoot over when he leans over to sit with me. 

     With him so close he wraps an arm around my shoulder pulling me closer. Feeling his warmth I'm almost having a hard time breathing he smells and feels so good next to me. I wish this night will never end.