chapter 9

Waking up a warm body lays beside mine protecting me from the brisk morning air. Tilting my head back I see its Tom. His sleeping body pressed up against mine I let it soak in for the few seconds i get. Being warmer hew wrapped his arms around me surrounding me with him. Sighing the sun hasn't come over the mountain side, but I can hear noise from the near by houses. Stiff I don't dare move or I might wake him. Seeing his face is smooth with no worry i can't help it as my fingers run down his cheek to his lips. 

     Moaning softly he lifts one arm to brush away the thing on his face as I make my escape. Rolling out of his reach I sit up feeling my stomach. The cool air tightening my skin its tender, but feels so much better then it did yesterday. Slowly I find the clip and start unwrapping the bandaid. Getting closer to the end I take my time till I see my pick skin. Feeling it I'm a little sensitive still, but its ten times better.

     Stretching I pull the rest of my bandages off and see I'm healed. Whatever that lady gave me it helped speed up my healing ten times. I can now move freely as I  throw my trash into the still burning fire making it spark to life eating the bandages away. Standing I lift my arms like I'm rearing, shifting into a horse I stand on my hind legs rearing. Feeling restless my body wants to get going. Landing with a thump I hear Tom grunt. Shaking myself free I take off for a round around the houses as he's just barely getting up.

      Waking Rosa and the girls I laugh knowing I'm free and they're not. Coming back around I find the sun coming over the ridge as the girls softly call out to me. Watching as the sun comes up over the ridge I feel the ground thunder as the herd is let out. Rosa leads them towards me and I wait not quite understanding how they were let out. Coming around her ears pinned she bares her teeth, but Rocky comes saving me from her wrath. Galloping up he snorts out a warning as she pins her ears at him. A shine in his eyes he rears. Racing off he leads the girls away and the temptation to go with them makes me take a couple jigging steps that way, but I have other priorities as the morning comes to life. 

     Finding Tom sitting up he lets out a yawn as he stretches his arms up to the open clear blue sky. Seeing him still shirtless I sniff my coat as the sent of him lingers on me. Smiling I can't help but love it. Shifting I kneel down on the edge of the blanket as his eyes land on his unbutton shirt hanging on my body. Smirking he just shakes his head like he can't believe something. Worried he might be having second guessing I huff out a breath and lean back to give him his space. Looking down at the spot beside him where I slept I've never slept that good before. 

     Before I can ask him arms come out wrapping around me as he pulls me down to him. Surprised i let out a squeak as he lays out with me half on top. Squirming I don't know what to do as he just laughs up at me. I stop moving as his eyes crinkle at the edges the way I like. Smiling down at him our faces are so close as I feel myself leaning in closer. Watching me its like he's pulling me in as I breath his air we're so close. No regrets, I hear my heart say as I lean the rest of the way in brushing my lips over his before kissing him. 

     Feeling his lips on mine it send sparks all over my body as his hand grips my shoulder blade pulling me down to him. Smiling against me I pull away as the need for air comes over me. Slowly I pull myself up and off from him even though everything in me wants to lean back down and kiss him again. The lust in his eyes makes me bite my lip as I hold myself together.    

     He wants me and thats all that I care about right now as I feel the blush on my cheeks. Brushing my hair from my face his fingers sliding over my skin I lean into his touch as he cups my cheek. Before we can do anything else there's someone coughing behind us making me jump. Buttoning the shirt as quick as I can I stand up as Tom sits up on his elbows.