Chapter 27

Inside its a simple house, but its who lives here that makes it welcoming. The walls a cream color, pictures hang here and there of people and places. We head past the kitchen to the stairs. Leading the way I can't help but slow seeing all of the pictures hanging up on the wall. Glancing between them all its happy memories there for the world to see. Jess with Buck at some beach looking happy. They're so young then it must have been a honeymoon picture.

     Waiting for me at the top of the stairs I slowly make my way up seeing all of the happy memories unlike anything I've ever seen. Would have being human for my life been better. Should I have left the mountain to be with them. What would have happened to me down here.   

     As all of these thoughts pass through I reach the top as Tom looks back at me. Gently taking my hand I smile softly as we head down the hall. Taking the third door on the left we enter a small bedroom. This one with a king sized bed up against the wall the window looking out on the back yard has me remembering the trail out back to the pond. Searching the dresser close to me worn by age has cool horse shoe knobs. A closest and a desk are the only other things in the room but I love it. Sitting down on the edge of the bed I can feel his eyes searching my face as I spot a picture on the desk. Getting up I carefully pick it up as he comes to my side. 

      Its a picture of a boy sitting on his mothers lap laughing at the camera. The dark haired woman has smiling eyes as she holds onto the little rascal in her hands. Sighing beside me Tom gently takes the picture as I see those eyes going soft. 

     "I was six then." He lets out on a breath. "This is the only picture of my mom that I have. She died after I had turned seven and dad never was the same." Smiling sadly the memory playing out I can see the hint of anger in those eyes as he sets the picture down. Taking up his hand I squeeze them once as trying to cheer him up. 

     "She looks like she loved you with all of her heart." Nodding he pulls me into a hug as I rest my cheek against his shoulder. Having someone in this world who cares is important. No matter how long it last the feeling will always stay. 

     "You can barrow my shirt if you need to." He offers as we pull back. Smiling up at him shyly he goes over retrieving one from the dresser. Holding it out for me its just a regular black tee but it has him written all over it. "Second door on the left is the bathroom." Nodding I head out as I meet up with jess. 

     "Oh hay, I have some old cloths that might fit you." She hurries off grabbing what she can as I thank her again. A pile of cloths in hand I lock the door behind me as I enter the small bathroom. Resting the cloths on the counter its filled with hair brushes and some make up. A little rubber ducky sits in the soak dish as a decretive. Smiling in the mirror I see how terrible I look. Dirty and tired looking I have dirt smudged on my cheeks and bits and pieces of twigs and leaves in my hair. Why didn't anyone tell me.Spinning away I hurry to get cleaned. Working the shower the water running medium I hop in washing away the days before. Being thrown into a trailer and crossing the forest for three days didn't help. 

     I use little of the shampoo that I think smells well and hope I didn't just get in trouble for doing it. Hurrying up as my skin turns pink I shut the water off enjoying the feeling of being clean. Finding a towel I dry off quickly before searching through the things Jess gave me to borrow. Finding shorts I pull them on not quite liking how short they are but I'll get over it. The bra she gave me works fine and even though she gave me a shirt I slip on Tom's just because it smells so much like him.

     Enjoying being with him I head out finding him laying out on the comforter. Slipping in beside him his eyes closed that smile though lets me know he's awake. Smiling with him he wraps an arm around me drawing me in close. As I half land on top of him his eyes open and they take my breath away. Oh how I could fall into them every time. 

     "Mmm, did I ever tell you, you look beautiful today?" He asks as a blush creeps up onto my cheeks. Embarrassed I hide my face in his chest as he laughs. The rich sound has me on fire as his hands draw circles on my skin. I want nothing more then to stay here but as Jess calls dinner I hear him groan before I pull away. His hands never leaving my skin he comes up behind me kissing my shoulder before taking my hand in his. 

     Gladly intwining our fingers its good to feel him. Peeking over my shoulder at him those eyes shining that smile worth a thousand words I can only find one right now, love. Feeling it is unlike anything I've ever felt before. Without him I don't know where I'd be, but I know for sure I'm not going to regret this one bit. 

     Leading the way he gently tugs on our hands drawing me away from his room towards the stairs. Walking slowly I can tell he doesn't want to go down there either but as my stomach growls his eyes finding mine once more we head down unable to be separated.