Chapter 15

"What did he have to say?" She asks not looking at Buck. Stiffening beside me I know its not good.

     "He wants his horses back."At that i perk my ears wondering about these horse. Who are they and where did they come from. Cursing this Michael Jess leads her horse to his stall as we wait. 

     "What horses?" Paisley asks as she comes back from putting her horse in his stall. Jess just softens and tells her to go outside while they talk. She's about to argue when I offer to bring her out. Nudging her arm I lead her out till we reach the front yard. Pulling on my mane gently as I graze she's braiding it I think as I feel relaxed. Pulling the tasty grass up I hear the screen door slam shut and perk my ears. Listening I look up from eating and see Tom coming. Nickering I raise my head as he puts on a smile. As he nears paisley stops and Tom tells her to to inside.
     "Your dad wants you." He says as he waves goodbye to me before heading in. Holding my head in his arms its times like these I just want to melt away and be like this forever. Nudging him gently he's just holding me while he draws those addicting circles on my cheek. Sighing he has such an effect on me. "I want to go out on a date with you." He whispers, wait did I just hear correctly. Lifting my head I pull back to look him in the eye. "Yes I did say date. Would you go with me?" He asks as he awkwardly brushes his hand behind his neck. Smiling I nudge his chest as he laughs. The sound making my inside turn jello I nicker my answer knowing he wont understand me. "I'll take that as a yes?" Nodding I cant wait as he tells me to meet him at seven here. Nodding I cant believe I just agreed to this. What am I going to wear.
     The thought brings me back to earth as I look to the sun. Dipping down I dont have enough time to think I just need to find something, but where. Looking to the plains I need to hurry if I'm going to make it in time. Taking off towards the plains chief he'll know what to do I hope.
      Feeling the wind in my mane I kick it into high gear as my excitement courses through my veins. Tossing my head I cant believe he asked me out on a date. Eating up the ground I'm just so wired I come creaming to a hault as I see the chief. Welcoming me I shake my nervous out as he sees my untold problems.
     "Come, I know who can help." Leading the way we come to a small house that smells like him. At the porch he walks right in calling out for his wife. Perking my ears I didnt know he had a wife. Well he does have a son I remember now. Hurrying a beautiful woman comes looking from her husband to me. "She's in need of dating advice." I see the shine in his eyes as he looks to his wife as she nods smiling widely.
     "Okay, I think I can help with that." Nodding her green eyes lock on mine as she steps back offering for me to enter their house. Hesitant the chief leaves as I stand there looking around. No one in sight I just need to get this over with then get back to Tom.   

    "Come on in, I think I've got a few good dressy shirt and clean pants that might fit you." Nodding I slowly feel the change take over till I'm human. Hesitating still I don't know what's holding me back. Stepping upIi enter their house. 

    Entering the living room its a nice little place with a couch and a coffee table with little trinkets all around on ever shelf and table top. A painting of running horses sits above a fire place that catches my eye. Stepping closer to take a better look it reminds me of the mountains and the wild horses. 

     "I did that three years ago up by split rock." Jumping from her voice beside me she's smiling up at it with pride. Nodding I thought I recognized the horses. Pointing towards the top where a palomino stands I raise an eye brow at it making her smile wide. "Yes, that is you." Turning away I follow as we enter their bedroom. A small closet sits to the side with the burrow and night stand. Opening it she pulls out a couple nice looking shirts that the only thing I can think of is how I'm going to ruin one. I'm a mess on two legs when it comes to being human. Not use to it I can barely use my hands. 

     "These are beautiful, but I can't borrow one of these."  I point out making her smile slip a little. The question in her eyes I just sigh and sit myself down on the bed. "I'll just end up ruining it by doing something stupid or rip it on something." Leaning my heads in my hands I hear her chuckle a little as she sits down beside me. Resting her hand on my back it makes me lift my gaze to meet hers. 

      "Don't worry about it." She gently says to lift me up. "It's just some cloths. They can be replaced." Shoving my playfully she jumps up and lifts two shirts up in front of me. Looking between the two she mumbles to herself about which one is better. Dropping the black one she picks up a dark blue one with swirls and pretty designs on it. Liking it more she seems to agree with me as she drops the other and makes me hold the shirt up to me. "I think this one will do." Smiling I nod and she shoves me into a shower. Showing me how to run the water I thank her so much she just smiles and leaves me to get in. 

     Dropping my cloths I'm a little frightened by it. I don't think I've ever taken a shower before. I've swam and played in a river and rain. It looks like rain, but I can make it warm. Nodding to myself its just warm summer rain. Yay, that's what it is. Carefully stepping in I shiver as the warm water hits my flesh. Gasping I bite my lip as I get my head under the stream. Standing there I pull the curtain close as I watch the water swirl and go down the drain fascinated. Humans are so smart sometimes. 

     As I rub my skin with this stuff called body wash it makes me smell like flowers. Washing it all away I work on my hair trying to get the tangles out. Huffing out I'll have to take care of that later. Shutting the water off I grab the sheet or no, towel to dry off. Pull on my pants my bra is on and I'm so use to being somewhat naked around the other horses that I call her back in so she can help me with my hair. Glade that I didn't put on the shirt she gets to work untangling my hair as I sit on a stool she brought. Watching her work in the mirror she reminds me of the motherly, helpful person that everyone needs in their life. Smiling I'm glade she can help me.