12 - #GameOver

Chad Mackenzie punched into the bag; "I hate that my ex-girlfriend is mentally unstable."

The therapist nodded encouragingly.

Chad sighed and slammed into it again, harder this time, beads of sweat running down his face at an accelerated speed.

They were doing an exercise his therapist had suggested, where he hit his hardest into a yellow punching bag that was twice his size in a vacant gym as he spoke out a list of things he hated. The therapist had felt that he needed to expel his anger before going back to school after 3 weeks spent in a hospital – and maybe he expected him to break his already weak arm that was still healing from paralysis.

"I hate that, after all she's been through, my dad still wont let my sister be part * punch * of * punch * the * punch * family!" Chad rammed the bag with his whole body, panting and immediately falling to the ground.

His red – dyed – hair stuck to his forehead like glue and his white tank hugged his upper body. He swore and then violently pulled off his Nike sneakers.

"Good work Chad. How do you feel?" the therapist knelt down next to him and handed him a towel.

"Ridiculous." He frowned at his reflection in the wall mirrors, which frowned back at him accusingly.

"Ok. Do you think you can attend school with committing a mass murder?"

"I've always wanted to kill everyone."

"Chad..."

"But I've got a better hold of myself."

"That's all I need to hear. I give you the okay. You can go to school." The therapist smiled warmly as if he pitied Chad and then walked out of the gym.

And Chad... Chad wanted to rip his throat out.

●●●

Suburbs Boy opened the doors of The Academy For Privileged And Wealthy Figures and basked in the silence he received as the students in the hallway stared at him as if they were just seeing him for the first time – really seeing him. He raked his fingers through his hair and felt it bounce back and smiled as the blow-dryer he had killed in the morning had at least done it's job.

"Wow, Chad, you've really outdone yourself." Mia, the girl who had wasted his time, walked up to him and placed her hand on his chest.

"Take your hand off me before I make sure you don't have one anymore." Chad replied sternly and she immediately yanked her hand away.

"Suit yourself." She turned her nose up at him and cat walked away, leaving Chad feeling more refreshed than he'd felt in days.

He found his way into the boys' bathroom – which he had never entered – and stared at his reflection in the floor-length mirror that he had never used before.

Chad looked fantastic.

His hair, a shocking red, was styled to give off a punk aura and his blue contacts were now transparent, revealing his hazel eyes which had dark eye shadow all around them and were outlined with black eyeliner. He had used black face paint to give the expression that he had been crying and he had a lip ring, which was more golden than his mother's wedding ring. He had a tattoo at the back of his neck that read 'Fallen' and the 'F' was surrounded by a bunch of damaged angel wings. On his let arm, reading from his elbow, were the words 'Sudden Death' and he clenched his hand, engulfing in the feel of his wrist gloves that were cut off from his brazen knuckles.

He was wearing red net tank and on top of that a black leather jacket with black ripped skinny jeans and black pimsoles.

He inhaled slowly, absorbing every bit of power he could sense around him.

The door squeaked open and Jordan walked in then immediately halted, seeing him. He seemed to be adjusting to Chad's transformation.

"Hey man," Jordan suddenly spoke, "I heard about what happened to your girlfriend. Chicks man. The hot ones are always the craziest. But we men have to survive. You feel me man?" He raised his hand as if he was expecting Chad to hi-five him."

"And was she your girlfriend too?" Chad said, and Jordan dropped his hand.

"I don't know what you mean." Jordan raised his eyebrows slowly.

"Really? Play that game Jordan. I'm good at pretending. I mastered the art when I murdered one of my governesses." Chad's voice turned into a low hiss.

"Hey man, I'm not looking for any trouble." Jordan raised his arms above his head and backed into the door then, finding the handle, turned it and ran out of the bathroom.

Chad turned to the mirror.

"No more pretending. #GameOver." Chad smiled menacingly at his reflection.

●●●

Chad found him in the alley behind the Science quarters.

"I'm telling you that guy is crazy!" He was speaking to his friends while they smoked together. None of them noticed Chad approach, "First. He got all up in my face about his girlfriend cheating on him with me – oh guess what, that bitch's literally crazy – and then he told me this long story about how he murdered all of his governesses and drivers."

"Shit, that dude's off his rockers." One of the friends of his target dropped his cigarette and then stomped it out.

"Howdy boys." Chad knocked on the wall. "Who wants to play a little game? It's called don't scream."

Chad had to admit, the rate at which the boys disappeared made him rethink his judgment on the fact that they were human beings. But of course, Jordan would stay – as he had expected. The arrogant ass blew smoke into Chad's face.

"I'm not afraid of you." He spat. "But I don't want to have to hurt you, so if I were you, I would walk away now."

Chad was surprised at the nerve he had.

"Oh, I don't think you'll be the one hurting me." Chad pushed Jordan against the wall sharply and then held him up by the top of his t-shirt, choking him.

Chad removed a knife that he had swapped from his kitchen this morning and held it against the ass' neck; "Scream."

"I'm not afraid of you." Jordan still managed to spit on Chad's nose.

Chad bent his head and then immediately began to push his knife into the ass' stomach, repeatedly pulling out and stabbing him again, randomly stabbing the knife at any part of his body. Murdering him. Jordan began to cough up blood, which spilled on Chad's hand and on his face.

Chad continued to stab the ass until he felt the body go limp in his hands and he realized what he had done. Chad let go of the body and stepped back and the body dropped to the ground, blood spilling onto the floor.

"Oh god." He began to shake. "What have I done?"

Then he began to laugh. And he felt that he could finally breathe. And then Suburbs Boy finally became...

Alive.