sequel

I love how the one story that I plan on continuing with a sequel is the only one EVER that didn't have people asking for one. haha. I'll take that as a compliment, I suppose.

truth is -- I've been writing a sequel for the last month or so. I fell so in love with this story & I automatically started to brainstorm ideas for the sequel. Now, I've got another round of chapters filled with lots of romance, creepers, cute Hiro moments, & death.

the sequel will be called "What We Need (Hiro x Reader)" & it will be published on April 10th.

Since that'll still be a bit of a wait, I've decided to add an (EXTREMELY) short sneak peek of chapter one. seriously; it's just a snippet of the first chapter, so when it's officially published, don't just skip the first chapter because you'll be REALLY confused.

ENJOY, FRIENDS & DON'T FORGET -- APRIL 10TH ♡♡

|| chapter one ||

three years after

Your eyes open to the soft glow of the midnight moon illuminating your bedroom. The chill of the dark night has no effect on you because of the familiar hold around your torso. You tilt your head and smile as his raven hair brushes against your cheek. With a sigh, you gently move onto your back.

His eyes slowly open. "Sorry," you mumur, lifting your hand to brush through his hair. "I didn't mean to wake you up."

"S'okay," he breathes, brushing his nose against your cheek. "Can't sleep?"

"Not really," you answer honestly.

He yawns and shifts. You feel a bit bad; he's been working nonstop all day, and you're disturbing his only chance of rest. You can barely make out his face in the dim light. He looks down at you. "Are you nervous about tomorrow?"

You sigh. "I don't know, kind of. Ugh, it's silly of me to be."

"It's not silly," he assures you. "You think that I'm not losing sleep over it?"

"Doesn't seem like it," you mutter. "You were snoring so loudly that I thought that the world was normal again and the neighbor was mowing his lawn." You giggle softly. His shaky laughter leaves a warm puff of his breath across your face.

He sighs and tightens his grip on you, enjoying the time to snuggle. Even while you slept, he would hold you. You figure rhat it's because of his nightmares. He almost always got them. "Well," he breathes. He shakes his head and shrugs slightly. "You could just get it over with tonight." His lips brush light kisses against your cheek.

"Really? Should I?" you question, somehow shocked at the idea.

"Totally," he breathes, sitting up. You sit up with him and wrap your arms around his neck.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive."

You laugh nervously. "I'm kinda scared."

He kisses your head. "No need to be scared, princess. Not trying to brag or anything, but we're sort of the strongest and bravest people on the planet."

"Ha-! 'Not trying to brag'... sure, okay," you reply, rolling your eyes.

Hiro laughs. "Okay, so maybe I'm bragging just a bit. But it's just because I really love you."

You give him a peck on the lips. "I really love you, too."