Chapter 1 (Edited)

*Connor's POV*

Finally.

I've finally been able to persuade this old man to train me, I'm still keeping my promise to Charles Lee, I've given my word to find him and I will especially since the death of my mother, I know he did it and him and everyone involved or associated with it will pay. I slowly follow after the old man, strolling through the hallway in his mansion, anyone could tell the place is old even before the warning, he really needed to mend this place, it's going to fall on him one day.

The old man suddenly stops near the entrance of the kitchen as he answered my comment about him buying the material he needs to get this place sturdy again. "Look at me! You think I can just march into some store, purse full of pounds, and go shopping?"

"Yes, why not," I respond, I don't understand why it's that difficult just to buy the materials, "So naive," He says before heading over to one of the candle holders on the wall, the way by the wall of the staircase, using his stick to pull it down and opening the secret door before gesturing me to follow, I slowly followed after him, being careful when walking down the wooden steps so the mansion wouldn't crumble.

I look around the small room, seeming to be hidden from everyone who had entered this place, obviously apart from the old man and I, the old man heads over towards a small table which is placed against the stone wall whilst I got distracted by a piece of clothing in the middle of the room, it looks like a robe but not positive, I've never seen something like this, a long white robe, with blue large lines going down the front of it, a belt on the waist, a white hood at the top and two leather armbands on the wrists of the clothing.

I observe the robe, taking in everything, looking at each detail until I'm suddenly smacked way, I gasp in shock as I see the old man standing next to me, "Don't think you can just come in here, throw those on and call yourself an Assassin," He says, I quickly deny I know that's not is going to happen, I know I need to be trained. "That's alright I know they've a certain allure." He reassures as we carry on looking at the robes, he's definitely right about them being alluring.

I carry on looking at the robes, just imagining the fact that one day I could actually wear these and be an actual Assassin, not something I ever expected to do in my life. "Very well. I'll train you. Then we'll know if you're right to wear those robes..."

"Thank you..."

"Name's Achilles," He says and walks away towards the back of the room where another table laid with a candle and set on top of it, not only that but where the table laid again some of the wooden boards are out of place, seeing some things behind it but not clear enough for me to actually figure out what it is. "Come on, then. We've work to do," Achilles announces as I follow behind him. Achilles points towards the boards, telling me to remove them, I do as he says and remove the wood revealing different names and pictures.

Once I put the boards down I stand next to him, notice three certain images one is the Grand Master Haytham Kenway, my father. Charles Lee, the man I promised to find and the final one is of a young girl, who is called Sophronia Lee, perhaps the daughter of Charles Lee, I can definitely catch the resemblance but her smile looks a bit different, she looks kinder than him but because she's a Templar, she'll have to die too.

"What do the Templar want?" I question, before looking back at the board the three images catching my eyes again, especially the one of the girl. "What they've always wanted. Control. They see an opportunity in the colonies. A chance for a new beginnings, unfettered by the chaos of the past. This is why they back the British. Here they have a chance to illustrate the merits of their beliefs: A people in service to the principles of order and structure."

I carry on observing the images as I tell him that I understand what they could do if they do succeed, telling him that I understand that the have to die, even if have to lose my final blood relation. "All of them apart from one, but your father especially has to go. He's the one holding the whole thing together,"

I look at him in confusion as he says that only one can survive, thankfully Achilles noticed my look and started to explain, pointing to the girl, "Sophronia Lee, only child of Charles Lee, she's not like them, she has a kind heart. So caring. Treats everyone the same, even the natives," He starts to say, it did shock me that she's actually ok with us Natives, not many people are.

"I don't think she's going to turn like them, she's too much like her mother."

*Sophronia's POV* (Next Day)

I huff as I stroll down the street of Boston, I wish I had stayed at home today since there is nothing to do outside. Normally I would be playing with my friends but a week again my father instructed someone to be with me at all times due to an insistent that happened to me a week again, not going to go into to much detail but a 'friend' of mine who I now known as an Assassin tried to kill me due to me being a part of the Templar Order.

To my displeasure, they were executed for treason, well I knew it wasn't treason, I knew that my father ordered someone to do something so he could get them away from me, ever since that day my father ordered someone to be with me at all times, sometimes Templars I know or don't or even Redcoats if their paid to a good price. I'm not going to lie I really hate having someone I don't even know being with me for protection.

Ever since that betrayal, my father became paranoid, scared that someone was going to hurt me. I was told when I was younger that since my mother passed my father had been very protective of me and still is in fact, obviously.

"Sophronia, stay here!" The redcoat ordered and run off around the corner, I raise an eyebrow in confusion, I could hear people shouting and screaming, just chaos. I decide to ignore the redcoat's order and followed the noised, I slowly come around the corner to see people fight their way through, trying to get to the redcoats, only for some others to push them back with their weapons.

I look around to see if I could find my father or any other Templar I know but I couldn't, I start pushing my ways through the crowd trying to avoid the redcoats sight, suddenly bumping into some, I quickly apologise and looked up to see who it is, it's a Templar, the grand master who had helped my father bring me up. It's Haytham Kenway.

"Hello Haytham," I say with a smile before pointing over to the crowd, questioning about the chaos. "Hello, Sophronia, why are you here alone?" Haytham asks, ignoring my question about this nonsense. I look at him and pointed back to the crowd telling him it's basically because of this chaos that I'm alone and the redcoat left me. Haytham nods before turning back to the conversation he was having before I rudely interrupted, I stand close to Haytham, trying not to get too close to the crowd. I turn to look over my shoulder, feeling like someone is watching me and they were, an old man looking at Haytham and a young boy looking at me, I smile towards them before turning back to Haytham.

"Sophronia... you better head home," He starts to say before pulling a redcoat over, ordering him to escort me home, making sure no harm comes to me, before turning back to me, "This man will take you home, off you go. I'll see you another time," I slowly nod and followed the redcoat. I walked back around the corner I first come through, suddenly as I carried on following the redcoat, gun fires erupted, I stopped and stared in shock, those redcoat's are killing innocent people. I definitely agree with the residents in Boston, these redcoat's should be punished for their crimes.