Chapter 12 (Edited)

I take a few deep breaths as I lean my hands onto my knees, we finally cleared all of the people working for Church. I stand up straight before grabbing the handle of my battle ax and I pulled the ax out of one of the guys head.

The ax dripped in blood, I cringe at the sight of the ax, I quickly wipe the blades on one of the dead men's clothing, wiping most of the blood off so I could put it back on my back. I turn to Connor to see him killing the final guy.

I could tell Connor was still annoyed with Haytham's disappearance from helping us, I'm pretty annoyed but I sort of knew that this would have happened, it's Haytham. I smile at Connor as I walk towards him, putting my hand on his back in a comforting manner but I knew it didn't help but he didn't move away.

My hand slowly slides up his covered back and onto his shoulder, lightly squeezing as he turns to look at me with his white hood, covering his face but thankfully for my height I could see it clearly as he looks down to me.

I smile at him, squeezing his shoulder again before telling him, "We better get back to New York, it would take some time on foot but luckily for us, I've got a horse to get us there," I tell Connor as I start walking the opposite way from the camp.

"And where is this horse?" Connor questions as he follows after me, I turn to look over my shoulder, I send him another smile as I sort of answer his question, but not giving him an answer he wants.

"You'll just have to wait but just to warn you, it is a bit of a walk,"

At half hour went by, half hour of walking to the destination another part of the forest, I walk towards a tree and stood beside it as Connor gives me a confused look obviously very confused on why a horse would be here.

"Why would a horse be here?" A confused Connor questions, looking around the forest, I walk away from Connor so there is a distance between the two of us, looking around the forest before putting my thumb and finger in mouth and whistled.

We wait, staying in the same positions for at least a minute, I frown wondering where the horse is, thinking of the worse but thankfully everything was reassured once I hear a noise which is from a horse.

I turn to my left to see a figure coming through the tree at high speed, I gasp as I'm pulled back by Connor, I roll my eyes as he takes out his tomahawk, getting ready to fight the figure coming towards us obviously not realising what animal it is.

I quickly react, grabbing the tomahawk from his hands and throwing it so it impaled a tree, Connor turns and glares at me, I smirk and shrugged before moving from behind and walking towards the creature.

I smile as it comes from the trees allowing, the light from the sun to hit it's revealing it body, the black coat shining in the light, "Hey boy," I say in a cheerful voice as I walk towards the large stallion.

I move close enough so I could pet him, he nudges my hands as he gets closer to them. "It's been a while hasn't it?" I laugh as he just starts shaking his head before scrapping his foot in the ground, pulling some mud up from its original form.

I turn to Connor and walked towards him with my stallion following close behind. "Connor... this is the horse I was talking about, this is Diablo. He will get us to New York in no time," I tell him as the Diablo nudges my side, sending off to the side.

I chuckle before I hugged the horse's neck, I've definitely missed this animal. I had been given him at a young age, and I've loved him ever since they found him as a wild horse and I did feel quite guilty that I had taken him away.

We did bond, I taught him how to come to the whistle and I loved, well I love him so much I decided to take him back into the wild and I'm glad I did. I stop hugging Diablo and walked around his side and jump up and climbed onto his back.

Holding onto his main, "You getting on?" I ask Connor as I pet the Stallion's neck, Connor nods and puts his tomahawk away before climbing on behind me, I kick Diablo's side, sending him into a canter. 

I just hope there won't be any more arguments between the two, but I have a suspicion that, they will.