Chapter 8 (Edited)

After a day of traveling back to Boston, I met up with my father and Haytham at one of the Taverns. I open the door to see a load of drunk people sitting around some of the tables either on their own or with someone or a group, I look up the stairs where I could see my father and Haytham sitting, I smile and walk up the stairs.

My father turns and smiles, taking a swig of his drink before getting up pulling my into a small hug before he says, "I'm glad your back, how were Charity and Eudora?" I nod as I replied, "They're good, happy to be going home, upset to be leaving me and sad knowing that we won't be able to see each other for a while," I frown at the thought, I hardly ever get to see them due to the being in London.

"Don't worry, you'll see them again... perhaps in some time you can go to London and visit them... it would be good for you to learn how other Grand Masters run the Templars in different places," I nod my head, really happy with the idea. I smile to myself before turning towards Haytham who is standing behind, waiting patiently for me and my father to finish.

I wrap my hands around him, really happy to see him also, I've missed my father a lot, I missed Haytham too. "How have you been Haytham?" I ask as I pull away and took a seat in between the two men.

"I've been good, how about you?"

"I've been fine, why are you two here anyway," I ask looking between my father and Haytham. They both look at each other before turning back to me, as I have my eyebrow raised, waiting for one of them to speak.

"Sophronia, Haytham and I have decided you should finally learn how to deal with other Templar," My father announces, I look at them in confusion, still, in a way, not understanding, my father turns to look at Haytham, basically telling him to carry on and explain to me.

"You and I are going to go after Benjamin Church, we'll be going to the Church house and we leave this evening. You won't need much but... make sure you have your axe and have enough powder for your gun," Haytham says before getting and he was about to walk away but I stopped him by calling for him to wait, Haytham turns back around with his hands behind his back.

"Why are you after Church? What has he done?" I ask, Haytham smiles at me before walking away, ignoring my question. I watch as Haytham walks out of the Tavern, what was that about? I turn towards my father, raising an eyebrow but he shrugs his shoulders, not knowing. 

"I'm going, I'll see you later," I say I head out of the Tavern, leaving my father to finish his drink. I open the door only to be hit by the winter air, I stand by the door as I watch a group of Red Coats walks past. I wait until they are gone before walking through one of the alleyways.

I walk through and there are hardly any people there and of course, it would scare me if some grabbed me and some did, I groan once I realise who it is, it's Connor. "You really need to stop that," I tell him causing him to smile, freaking me out, Connor apologises. 

I kiss his cheek before asking what is he doing here, "Well, I'm looking for Benjamin Church,"

"Oh, I properly shouldn't be telling you this but Haytham and I are looking for him to, he maybe at the Church house but I'm not sure," Connor nods before telling me that he has to go, I nod before leaning up to kiss his lips, it only lasted a second before we both pulled away and Connor takes off, climbing up the wall of one of the buildings. 

I watch as he goes, I smile before heading back to my home, to get ready for this evening.