Chapter 22

Chapter 22

1778

*Sophronia's POV*

I wish I stayed back for this one, it's going to take a lot for me not to throw my axe at George, Haytham had told me what had happened with George about the seven-year war and I am in disgust, even a Templar wouldn't do that, well...I wouldn't anyway.

"We should be sharing what we know with Lee, not Washington..."Haytham states as we walk towards Valley Forge, I have never said this in my life but I agree with Haytham we SHOULD be telling father.

"You seem to think I favor him. But my enemy is a notion, not a nation. It is wrong to compel obedience" As Connor says this we all come to a stop, Connor now faced us.

"whether to the British Crown or the Templar Cross. And I hope the Loyalists will see this too, for they are also victims"

"You oppose tyranny. Injustice. These are your symptoms. Their true cause in human weakness. Why do you think I keep on trying to show you the error of your way?"

And that statement caused Connor to snap "You have SAID much, yes. But you have SHOWN me nothing" Connor walks off after stating this, I obviously followed while Haytham said to himself.

"Then we'll have to remedy that then, won't we?"

I notice George Washington leaning over a table obviously reading something which I knew Haytham would properly be interested in.

"Sir," Connor says politely, I stood next to Connor, arms crossed, glaring at George as he looks up to Connor.

"Hello, Connor. What brings you here?" I smirk as I watch Haytham walk behind George, who obviously didn't notice his presence.

"The British have recalled their men in Philadelphia. They march from New York."

"Very well. I'll move our forces to Monmouth. If we can rout them, we'll have finally turned the tide." George turns to me with a friendly smile which got a glare in return "Sophronia...look how much you have grown, I remember seeing you a lot around New York and Boston, how have you been?"

I didn't say anything just held a frown on my face, Connor nudges me to answer but it just caused me to walk off facing my back them.

"She dependently has her father's attitude" I quickly turn around and decide to state a fact.

"Actually, I have both my parents attitude sometimes like my mother lovely, kind, loving but at times I have my father's aggressive AND my aggressive attitude is all for YOU!"

George was about to answer but thankfully Haytham cut him off by asking "And what's this"

As George turns around walking up to Haytham I could Connor was glaring at me but I didn't care.

"Private corresponding," he says as he reaches towards the letter in Haythams hand but didn't reach it in time as Haytham held it out of his reach.

"Of course, it is. Would you like to know what it says, Connor? Sophronia? It seems your good friend here has just ordered an attack on your village" I watch looked at George, I feel so sorry for Connor, It was Washington all this time. "Although attack might be putting it mildly. Tell them Commander."

George looks down to the floor as he explains "We've been receiving reports of allied natives working with the British. I've asked my men to put a stop to it."

"By burning their villages and salting the land. By calling for their extermination, according to this letter." I look over to Connor to see a disgusted look on his face, well it is understandable he done so much for Washington and this is what he gets in return.

"Not the first time either. Tell him what you did fourteen years ago." The two man walk up to each other almost into each others face, George replied instantly "That was another time. The Seven Years War."

"And so now you see what happens to this "great man" when under duress. He makes excuses, displaces blame. Does a great many thing in fact – except take responsibility" They both got into each others faces but Connor interrupts everything.

"Enough! Who did what and why must wait. My people come first."

Haytham slowly backs away from as he says "Then let's be off."

Connor quickly stops him by lifting his hand "No. You and I are finished" I could see the hurt in Haytham's eyes but Connor didn't care.

"Son..."

"Do you think me so soft that by calling me son I might change my mind? How long did you two sit on this information? Or I am to believe you discovered it now? My mother's blood may stain another's hand, but Charles Lee is no less a monster, and all he does, he does by your command"

Wow that hurt me a lot, he really thinks I knew about George doing this, accusing me like that really does hurt, maybe an Assassin and a Templar should just be enemies.