Chapter 26

Chapter 26

1781

Sophronia's POV

2 days later

I kneel down in front of my mother's grave laying flowers onto the dirt I front of the gravestone, I wipe the tear from my face as I quietly talk to my mother's grave.

"M-mother, I'm sorry... I-I've betrayed you , father and the Templar order, o-only to start a life with our sworn enemy. An Assassin and I apologise to you and father, I love you mother and you father and I'm sorry you had to die so early, I will try and visit you every now and then but I can't promise anything...but...I can promise something...That I will always love you and never forget you"

I slowly stand up as tears fall down my cheeks, I walk away from my mother's grave and climb onto my horse Shadows back, walking him forward but I stop him, looking back over my shoulder looking back to the grave. I turn back kicking the horse into a gallop, galloping out New York to start a new life with Connor.

Finally, I arrived in the forest, I sit on Shadow waiting for Connor to arrive, I hear a twig snap causing me to turn Shadow around only to meet the love of my life Connor, a smile on my face as I get up off Shadow, I walk towards Connor

grabbing his hand and pulling him into a passionate kiss, I wrap my hands around his neck as he's held onto my waist.

We both separate still wrapped up into each others arms as he does something which completely surprises me.

"Sophronia...I love you so much, I am glad I met you and I'm glad you decided to start your life with me, I'm thankful you left your old one to start a new one so...I ask you one thing" He lets go of my waist, grabbing something out of his robes before getting onto one knee, I gasp as he finally asks.

"Sophronia, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"