Chapter 14 (Edited)

Flashback-Third Person

It's a normal summer day in mid-June, the sun shining as Charles Lee walks through streets of Boston, he looked down to the small child in his arms who is no older than six. The young girl looks around curiously, taking in the scenery of Boston.

The young girl is little Sophronia Lee, the future GrandMaster of the Templars. She had been born a part of the Templars and is going to be raised as a Templar, to learn everything there is to know about the Templar.

Her father speaks proudly and fondly of his daughter, extremely certain that she will be a GrandMaster but there is one problem, it's her kind heart. Sophronia is a lot like her mother, not really on looks but she does have the face of her mother but she has Elizabeth's personality.

She's just a kind, loving girl and that needs to stop or be decreased since she needs to fight against the Assassins and he knows that isn't going to happen when she is so kind to everyone she interacts with.

Sadly his wife was never able to raise their daughter in the order. He knew with the help of his wife, Sophronia would be the best GrandMaster they could ever ask for. It was incredibly hard for Charles to raise his daughter himself, he, of course, has help from the current GrandMaster, Haytham Kenway.

But he just needed help from his wife, something he was never going to gain. He didn't want to see his daughter go through the same thing as his wife, he wants his daughter to become GrandMaster, marry, become a mother and see her children grow up, something her mother wanted to do, sadly didn't get to do.

The two were on there way to a meeting, well Charles was but he decided to bring his daughter along so she could get an idea what's the Templars are about but he knew she wasn't going to understand, especially right now.

Since the young girl is slowly falling asleep, laying her head on her father's shoulder as her eyes open and closes until they are completely shut, Charles chuckles at the young girl, she always managed to fall asleep on their way to places.

Half of him didn't want her with him, just in case, they got attacked in some way. But he just couldn't leave her defenseless and he didn't want to keep her in the hands of someone else, he's always going to protect her, ever since her mother's death he promised to never allow anything or anyone to hurt her.

Sophronia's head stays on her father's shoulder as Charles walks into one of the buildings, towards the group of Templars who are all sitting around a table drinking. "She shouldn't be here Charles," Haytham tells him as Charles takes a seat, repositing the sleeping girl.

"I couldn't leave her there, let's just get on with this meeting," Charles tells him. The meeting went on for at least an hour and it's still going on but sadly it was cut short by a loud bang. The band scared the little girl awake.

The young girl starts crying as more bangs could be heard outside, all the Templars stand from their seats just as the bangs stop, but it didn't stop them going out to see what all the loud gunshots are about.

Charles holds his daughter in closer as he looks outside, dead bodies lay all over the floor, this cause Sophronia to cry more, clenching onto her father in shock not understanding what's going on but Charles knew this was good for her.

She's most definitely too young to see this but he knew this was going to help her when she got older and this could help her to become the finiest Templar in Boston.