Chapter 9 (Edited)

After a few hours of traveling, we finally find the Church which is abandoned and looks like Church has already been here and left, leaving us back at step one. We both walk through the entrance to see nothing is here, no sights of anyone even being in this church, only the broken wooden boxes outside the church shows someone has been here.

"Are you sure we're at the right church?" I ask as I turn to face Haytham, axe in my hands just in case some of Ben's men comes back and attack us, Haytham stands near the entrance, he just ignores me, I glare at the back of his head, it really annoys me when someone doesn't answer me, sometimes I understand but my question isn't that difficult to answer.

"Sophronia. Hide," Haytham orders jogging away from the entrance and start climbing to the top part of the Church, I look up at him and asked, "Why?"

"Just get up here!" Haytham orders, I roll my eyes as I jump up grabbing his hand, pulling me up, I kneel next to him as some walks into the church, I smile once I noticed who it is, it the Connor, I gasp as Haytham jumps off the side, landing straight on Connor.

"Father," Connor says once he see's who it is, Haytham releases his hidden blade, holding Connor down by his chest, "Connor. Any last words?"

I look down at the scene below me, very worried but I should know Connor will be alright, he survived the execution and killed Hickey, "Wait," I hear Connor say and Haytham tells him it's a poor choice and raises his arm slightly about to plunge the blade into Connor.

Thankfully, Connor reacted before he could, using his free hands to push Haytham off of him before using his legs to kick him back when he tried to attack again, this gave Connor enough time to get up. I watch from above as the two start walking around in a circle, still watching each other carefully.

"Come to check up on Church? Make sure he'd stolen enough for your British brothers," 

"Benjamin Church is no brother of mine," Haytham starts to say, turning once he here's me jump down, he smiles at me as I place my axe on my shoulder, I look over to Connor, smiled at him but only slightly just in case Haytham notices. "No more than the Redcoats or their idiot king."

Haytham walks away towards the wall as he tells Connor, "I expected naiveté. But this... The Templars do not fight for the crown," Haytham says, I walk next to him finishing off what he was going to say.

"You may not see it but... we do seek the same as you. Freedom. Justice. Independence," I look at Connor who is now looking at me in shock a bit, properly not expecting me to say that "But," Connor says looking in between me and Haytham, I raise my eyebrow in confusion whilst Haytham questions him.

"Johnson. Pitcairn. Hickey. They sought to steal land. To sack towns. To murder George Washington," I'm not going to lie I don't like George Washington, my father once told me that he knew my mother and something bad happened between them but he never told me what.

"Johnson sought to own the land that we might keep it safe. Pitcairn aimed to encourage diplomacy - which you cocked up thoroughly enough to start a god-damned war! And Hickey? George Washington is a wretched leader. He's lost nearly every battle in which he's taken part. The man's wracked with incertainty and insecurity. Only look at Valley Forge to know my words are true. We're all be better off without him."

I nod my agreeing with Haytham, he's right, we all would be better off without him. He's useless! I turn to see Connor just staring at Haytham not bothering to say anything, "Look - much as I'd love to spar with you. Benjamin Church's mouth is big as his ego. You clearly want the supplies he's stolen, we want him punished. Our interests are aligned,"

I look over Haytham, we want him punished? I have no idea what he has done, let's just hope I find out soon enough. Connor looks down for a second thinking of what Haytham had said before looking back to look at his father, "What do you propose?" 

"A truce. Perhaps... perhaps some time together might do us good. You are my son, after all, and might still be saved from your ignorance," Haytham says, realising his hidden blade whilst I remove my axe from my shoulder, turning it upside down so I could lean on it.

"I... We could kill you now if you'd prefer?" Haytham asks and Connor didn't say anything so Haytham took it as him agreeing. "Where are we meant to be going now?" I ask Haytham walking over to stand next to Connor.

Haytham actually answers... well not the question from now but the one from early, tell us we were here to ambush him but he already finished once we arrived. Haytham walks forward going towards the entrance, I feel a hand on my back, a gentle touch, pushing my forward gently, I look over my shoulder and smiled at Connor and he smiles back.

I stand in between Haytham and Connor as we look out, staring at the snow outside, the way Church must have went.

"I may be able to find him,"