Chapter 3 (Edited)

Haytham, my father and I slowly follow behind a guard in a prison, I'm not going to lie I feel pretty uncomfortable especially by the inmates whistling at me and it not only disturbing and very disgusting, how could they think I would ever have an interest in them. Yuck!

The guard stops at one of the cells where one of the Templars is being held, Thomas Hickey, he's been locked in prison for treason, not sure what he was actually doing as I'm hardly ever working with him, thank god. It's not that I don't like him but he does make a load of sexual moves on me and I don't like it so after telling my father that I don't want to work with him unless I need to, I don't want to be near him.

The guard opens the door of the cell and allowed Hickey to walk out, "Thank you kindly for the rescue, gents," Hickey thanks as he walks closer to us, I cough catching Thomas' attention, "And lady," He winks at me which caused me to groan and roll my eyes.

"There can be no further mistakes, Thomas. Am I understood?" Haytham says with a strong tone, Hickey didn't bother to say anything, basically telling us all that he understood. Haytham starts walking away just for Thomas to stop him.

"Wot about the Assassin?" He asks as the guard closes the door, what Assassin? It can't be the one from the tea incident, could it? "E's here. They put 'im in the cell next to mine. Guess we didn't get em all. eh?"

Haytham turns to my father and orders for him to deal with the Assassin. My father nods and Haytham walks away not without tapping my shoulder, I smile at him. I've always been close with Haytham, he's like my second father.

"What should we do?" I ask walking closer to the two men, I turn to look in the cell to see a man with brown skin, I look at him he doesn't seem like someone who would be a part of a treason act, he looks way too smart for that but the appearance can fool anyone.

I watch as my father walks up to the cell and listened to what he said to the Assassin, "You're that boy from the Continental Congress. Adam's little lap dog. Hmmm," It must be the Assassin from the tea dumping, I remember seeing Adam on that boat.

"I think I have an idea... Yes. Two birds with one stone." My father says to Hickey, "Do tell," Hickey replies with a smirk, pretty eager of knowing the plan. "All in good time. It's not like the Assassin's going anywhere. For now, we should see about getting you better accommodations here."

I stay where I am as my father walks away from the Assassin, followed behind by Hickey. "What are you on about? I thought I was getting' out." Hickey announces in confusion, I guess he's not being let out, unlucky for him I thought to myself before I turn to look at the Assassin, taking in his features, chocolate brown eyes, shoulder length which part is tied in a ponytail and his face is covered in bruises but he showed no sign of pain, I smile at him, I need to stay and talk to him. I have to try and get him out, he doesn't belong here, well that's what I think anyway.

"I'm afraid you won't be leaving for a while, thanks to Benjamin Tallmadge. He's been running his mouth, saying all sorts of things. You're being investigated for plotting to assassinate George Washington,"

"What a bunch of bollocks! I thought you was gonna handle that." Thomas angrily says, only for my father to stop him talking by telling him about talking about it somewhere else, "Um... Father?" I shout over to my father who turned to face me, I look at the Assassin before turning back.

"I'm going to stay here and talk to this..." I start to say before looking at him in disgust, "Assassin. I promise I won't be long," My father looks at me for a second before nodding his head giving me permission to speak with him.

"Very well, I'll be back in five minutes," I nod my head and watch him, Hickey and the guard walk out, I wait until they are gone before ordering the other guard to leave us, he nods agreeing and leaves me to talk with the Assassin.

I walk towards the cell and smile at him, "Have I seen you before? You've properly seen me. My names Sophronia and I can help you get out... You properly don't understand why I, a Templar is helping you, an Assassin but... I don't see a criminal, I see someone who wants to help other,"

I start to say in a gentle voice and walk towards, placing my small hands onto his larger ones which are holding onto the bars of the cells, I feel his hand tense under my touch but relax after a short time. With a smile still on my face, I lean forward so the bar is the only thing between us and whispered what he needs to do.

"While I was coming here to these cells, I heard some inmates talking about a close friend of mine, Mason Weems. He will help you, that's the only way I know you can get out. For me helping you... I do want something back,"

I watch as the man nods his head slowly, "Nothing serious... I just want to know the name of the man I'm helping," I watch as the man looks away, pretty hesitated to tell me but he does, he turns to look at me. "Connor,"

"Well, Connor I give you luck, goodbye," I say and smiles and walked away, I take a deep before turning around, I could still see Connor looking at me, "If you do succeed, meet me the local shop a few blocks away, I really do hope I see you there... Connor,"