Chapter 13 (Edited)

I sighed once I see New York in the distance, Diablo did well. He brought us here in no time and the fact that he hasn't been ridden for so long, I'm surprised he got this far especially when there are two people on his back.

"We'll have to walk the rest of the way, " I tell Connor, who nods agreeing obviously not bothered with the walk, I allow Connor to climb off first with me following, I let Connor go ahead whilst I said my goodbye's Diablo.

I gently place both hands on the horse's face, gently petting him. "This is where we say goodbye. Don't worry Diablo... I'll make sure to come see you again," I say to my horse as he nudges closer to me.

"Go! Before anyone Redcoats turns up and see's you," I tell him, pushing him away before I start to walk away but stopped once I hear Diablo nay, I stare at the stallion as he reared up sort of saying a goodbye before running back into the forest, going back to his home.

"How did you tame a horse like that?" I hear Connor gently ask, I smile as the horse disappeared into the trees. "Horses were and always been my favorite animal," I tell him as we both walk towards New York.

"He was given to me at a young age, captured from the wild and I felt guilty so I allowed him to have freedom but I always made sure to go see him," 

"You have a kind heart, Sophronia," Connor smiles at me, a smile people hardly ever see, he's always so serious in what he does, I know that people get intimated by him, I can't deny when I went to see him in prison with the other Templar's I did feel a little intimated but deep down he's a gentle, man and I know in experience.

Connor and I walk side by side, walking through New York, looking for any sigh of Haytham, we both look around unsure where he's supposed to be. "Evening Connor, Sophronia," I hear suddenly.

"Evening Haytham," I politely reply, whilst Connor said nothing giving his father the chance to say something else. "I see the both of you made it here in one piece," Connor scoffs at the comment as he walks towards him, I huff as I knew something was going to happen between the two of them at some point.

"Recovered from your beating then?" Connor question cockily as Haytham glared at him, these two are so alike, they can both be a pain. Haytham didn't comment on what Connor had said and just walked past and started explaining about what he knows of Benjamin Church.

"Benjamin Church is holed up in an abandoned brewery on the waterfront. We should be done with this by sunrise," Haytham says as he moves to stand between me and Connor, I cross my arms as I listen in to the conversation.

"Good. I would like to have those supplies returned as soon as possible," Connor says gently and I move forward and told the two, "You will, and we can get them quicker if we get going,"

"Of course. I wouldn't want to keep you from your lost cause," Haytham says before walking away as he orders us to follow, I shake my head, I knew this is going to be a long night. I quickly follow after the two men, as we climbed up the sides of different buildings, running across some until we reached our destination.

"Tell me something..." Connor starts as Haytham hummed, waiting for whatever Connor was going to say to his father, "You could have killed me when we first met - what stayed your hand?"

"Curiosity," Haytham simply answers before asking if he had any other questions and of course he did but delayed for a second before finally asked about what the Templars seek. This caused Haytham to turn and look at the two of us.

"Order. Purpose. Direction. No more than that. It's your lot that means to confound with this nonsense talk of freedom," I step aside, being careful not to fall off the roof but enough to move so Haytham could approach his son.

"Time was, the Assassins professed a far more sensible goal, that of peace." Haytham finishes and he's about to turn away but stopped once Connor snapped back. "Freedom IS peace,"

"Oh, no," Haytham disagree's. "It's an invitation to chaos. Only look at this little revolution your friends have started. I have stood before the Continental Congress and listened to them stamp and shout. All in the name of liberty. But it is just noise," 

"And this is why you favor Lee?" Connor question as I place my head into my hands, knowing well that this was going to happen at some point. I decide to allow the two to argue for a bit before it got too much to take.

"Okay boys, enough!" I snap causing the two to stop, "Let's just go and do what needs to be done, it will be easier without the two of you arguing," I state as I walk ahead, jumping to the other building, going to where Haytham said Church is supposed to be.

A place that I wished that I would never have to see again. I just stare at the building as horrible memories start rushing through my head, I slowly walk back as the two talk once again. Leaning against the wall, sliding down so I'm now sitting on the floor.

Knee's clenched closely to my chest as I lay my head on them as I try to remove all the vision's of that terrible day from my head.