Chapter 6

Reuben's POV

We wait patiently as no one comes through the portal.

"Come on. Where are they?" Olivia mutters, pacing back and forth over the neatherrack.

Axle tapps his foot lightly on the ground, trying to hide the fear for them.

Then, two people come barreling through the portal, Petra and Lukas.

Petra coughs, shoving Lukas off of her in anger.

"What the hell! Yo I could have saved her!" She shouts, making the blond scramble away.

"I'm sorry! I got scared!" He shouts, making all of us confused.

Axle lifts the ocelot up by the collar of his shirt, hodlign Petra back.

"What do you mean you go scared? What happened out there?" Axle growls, making fear flash through Lukas' blue eyes.

He shakes slightly.

"There was so much carnage, I got scared. Petra and Jesse went to help Gabriel, and Jesse got caught in a tractor beam when she pushed Petra out of the way." He starts, only to have Petra continue.

"And then I tried to save Gabriel, think Lukas could get Jesse since he was closer. Only to see that he froze." She spits, making me confused.

The group begins to argue and Olivia just stares at the portal, and finally, I speak up.

"So where's Jesse!" I shout over them, making them all turn to look at me.

Olivia bites her lip, while Axle scratches the back of his head.

Lukas nudges Petra forward, making her glare.

The girl looks upset as she kneels down to look me in the eye.

"Reuben, you're sister is still out there with the Wither." Petra answers, making my eyes widen.

Jesse.... She could die out there....

"Then we have to go back!" I shout, making Axle shake his head.

He picks me up, seeing the tears threatening to spill.

"I want to help her too Reuben. But its too dangerous out there. Who knows what could happen. Besides, your sister is tough. I think she'll be okay." He tries to reason with me.

Petra shoves Axle slightly.

"What the hell Axle! We are not leaving Jesse out there to die!" Petra shouts.

The words hit me hard, but I know that she doesn't really think that.

The red head seemed to care a lot about my sister, which was odd, but nice.

Olivia crosses her arms, blocking the portal.

"Hey! There she is!" Lukas shout, sounding hopeful.

We all turn, only to see Ivor tumble into the neather.

My eyes narrow.

Almost immediately the group turns their aggressions to the black haired man, who seems to regret coming through the portal.

"You." Petra growls, holding him up by his collar.

Ivor's eyes fill with fear.

"Petra!" He yelps, his voice growling slightly through the fear.

She shoves him to the ground.

"You coward! You didn't stay to help destroy the thing you created?" Axle sneers, standing right where Petra threw the man.