Chapter 17

Reuben's POV

If anyone would have asked me what I thought while we were falling, I probably would have shivered and honestly answered I thought we were all going to die.

Luckily for us we landed hard on some sand.

Jesse coughs at the sudden blow to her back, and the amulet flies to the other side of the hole filled with lava.

It stops rolling in front of a man with a mask and green armour.

"What are you four doing here and why do you have the amulet for the order of the stone?" He asks angrily as we all push ourselves to our feet.

Petra helps Jesse off the ground once she sees that she's having a bit of a struggle.

"We came to find you. The world is in trouble." Jesse states, walking forward on the bridge.

She is blocked when two sand blocks are pushed up out of the ground with TNT under them.

She stops dead.

"Oh yeah? And why should I believe you when your friend over there just reaks of griefer?" He asks, hand lingering over a lever.

We all stand with Jesse.

"Because he is your biggest fan, and because Gabriel sent us with that amulet to find you so you could help us save the world." Petra continues.

I've figured out at this point that this is Magnus.

He pulls the lever, making the TNT fly sideways to let us walk forward.

Only to have another wall of the same blocks block us again. (No pun intended.)

"Please Magnus. There is a huge WitherStorm out there pulling the world apart as we speak!" Axle tries to keep his cool as he tries to beg his hero.

I roll my eyes at him.

I mean seriously.

Its not like he's super cool like Jesse.

"A wither what?" He asks, letting us pass the barrier with the same tactic as last time.

The final wall blocks us, making Jesse look nervous.

"Its a WitherStorm. It pulls the blocks from the earth, and only leaves Bedrock behind." Jesse tries to convince him, only to have him scoff.

"And why should I believe you? You're just a silly little girl that obviously doesn't belong in this world." He scolds, making Jesse flinch.

How did almost the whole order figure that we didn't belong here.

Finally, Jesse narrows her eyes, looking beyond pissed off.

"You know what? What were we thinking? Coming to you for help? What a stupid idea." She sneers, making our group jump back slightly.

I knew that tone in her voice.

She was acting.

Though Jesse was a terrible liar, when she really wanted to, even when she was pissed, she could act as if the world depended on it.

Which it kinda does.

"Besides. We can just get Ellegaurd to help." She scoffs, going to turn around.

The TNT is blown sideways, making her turn in shock.

Magnus stares, his eyes blazing.

"No! Ellegaurd wouldn't know how to fight that thing with all the information I nthe world." Magnus insults the Redstone engineer.