Chapter 18

Axle's POV

We jump through the portal, seeing the mine carts are still where we left them.

"Come on the others are waiting for us on the other side of the tracks." Jesse states, sitting in the first cart.

There are only three, and it was obvious that Magnus was not going to share.

I pick up Reuben, sitting in the back.

Leaving Petra to squease in beside Jesse.

The red head looks awkward at first, which is really amusing.

It was to obvious that she liked Jesse.

It was almost funny.

The carts move down the tracks effortlessly, being pushed along by the powered rails.

"So, who are we meeting again?" Magnus asks as the meeting place comes into sight.

I sigh.

"We are meeting our friend Olivia, the hero Ellegaurd, and our enemy Lukas." I growl, getting a glare from Jesse.

"Axle. Luaks is our friend. Our only enemy right now if the storm." Jesse scolds, making me narrow my eyes.

I may not agree with that statement but at least I can say I won't argue.

Besides, she didn't know him.

"Wait. Did you say Ellegaurd?" Magnus says in disgust.

I raise ann eyebrow at Petra who looks confused.

"Yeah. We told you we were reuniting the order." She states, making Jesse face palm.

"I didn't think you meant her." He growls, crossing his arms stubbornly.

"Look Magnus, whatever you have against Ellegaurd get over it. No petty fights can stand in the way of destroying the storm." Jesse mutters.

Magnus grumbles.

"I don't have to listen to you when you don't even belong here." He grumbles under his breath, not wanting anyone to hear it.

But I catch it.

Why did the members of the order and that sleeze bag Ivor keep saying that?

Of course Jesse belongs here.

She has lived in this world as long as the rest of us.

None the less it made my head spin as we reach the end of the tracks, seeing Lukas waiting by the stairs.

"Oh! Thank God you are all okay!" He breathes a sigh of relief.

We all jump out of the carts, Jesse holding her head slightly.

There was no doubt about it, something was wrong.

But I wasn't going to risk asking her while everyone was around.

She would deny it like every time anyone asked her.

"Where's Olivia?" I ask, finding myself worried.

Luaks smiles.

"Upstairs with Ellegaurd." He replies, making me a bit antsy to go up and check on her.

We may argue half the time, but Olivia was my oldest and closest friend.

If anything were to happen to her I don't think I'd be able to handle it.

We all head up with Lukas looking impressed at the fact that we found Magnus.

But all that faded when the two heroes caught sight of each other.