Chapter 10

Jesse's POV

I didn't get to sleep, but I did get to close my eyes, for about two seconds.

That is, before everyone started talking.

My head seers in pain, making me wish I could just snap at all of them, but I stay quiet.

"Jesse! Come on we have to go!" Petra shouts, shaking my eyes open.

I look up, seeing her face inches from mine.

Both of us realize how close we are and back up as far as we can.

"Why?" I ask grogily, trying to shake the feeling off.

Reuben is already awake, holding into Axle's leg as the wider storm gets closer and closer to us.

"Oh my god." I mutter, realizing that it must have reached us while we were just sitting around.

My hip once again starts to flare up in pain, making me wince as I try to get up.

Petra stares at me in suspision.

"Jesse? Are you hurt or something?" Petra asks rather loudly.

Of course this attracts everyone around us, making them all turn to me.

I feel my cheeks heat up lightly.

"No. Of course not. I'm fine. We just need to find the other order members. Gabriel said that we should look for Ellegaurd and Magnus." I say, changing the subject.

Everyone looks worried, even Lukas.

I can only wonder what happened while I was gone.

Reuben walks over, making me scoop him up onto my shoulders, which hurts slightly, but I try to ignore it.

We all head through the halls to a larger room with a large map on the wall.

"Okay, let's try and figure this out." Olivia states, looking around.

Something from before I bought the game makes me smile.

I remember watching only part of a live stream of the first episode.

I knew exactly what to do.

Without a single word I rush to the stand in front of the map, where I place the amulet.

The others stare at me with raised eyebrows, not really understanding.

I set Reuben down beside the stand, rushing to the levers.

With the speed of lightning I click in the combination, making light shine through the amulet and two pillars of light to point somewhere on the map.

I run back over, finally realizing how lightheaded that all made me when I stop beside Reuben.

"That must be where they are!" I exclaim, making the group smile.

The wither storm is now only a chunk away.

"Alright, but we don't have enough time for getting both of them as one group." Lukas points out, making us all nod.

Axle still glares at him for taking charge for his idea.

"That's actually a good idea." Petra states, making the blond nod his thanks.

"Alright. Petra, Axle, Reuben and I will go after Magnus." I say, making Axle's eyes light up.

"And Lukas and I will go after Ellegaurd." Olivia pitches in, making us all nod to each other.

The groups were set, now we just needed to get to the portal without getting caught in that beam.

We all start to run towards the exit, hoping that the wither storm hasn't eaten the portal that the others used to get here.

We follow Petra's lead, which makes us climb up a large cliff.

Once there the portal is in sight, but the wither storm is so close that we have to dodge the beams.

"Make a run for it!" Axle shouts, plucking Reuben off the ground.

We all sprint towards the portal.

Axle falls, only to slide into the portal.

Lukas rolls through with Olivia running after him.

This leaves Petra and I.

To be honest, I was starting to feet like I couldn't do this.

"Come on Jesse! Its not that bad!" She shouts from the frame of the portal.

Realizing my fear she rushes in front of me, looking me dead in the eye.

This act makes up both a little awkward, but I simply just stare, holding back my blush.

"I won't let anything hurt you. I promise." She whispers, making me nod.

Her hand clasps mine, both of us running through the portal at the same time.

.....

Heh. Jetra towards the end.....

Anyway! I hope you guys liked the chapter. Now, for the questions!

What will happen when the group splits to find the order? Will they be able to convince Magnus and Ellegaurd to help them? Or will they refuse and leave the group hanging onto their only hope thats missing? Where is Gabriel? What will happen is Jesse or Reuben dies? Find out soon!

-ThePurpleWarrior