Chapter 11

Axle's POV

"They're taking too long!" Lukas shouts impatiently.

Though he did show us he isn't a complete tool, he could still be an idiot sometimes.

But for once I had to agree with him.

They were taking a bit long.

"Guys, don't worry. I'm sure they are absoloutly fine." Olivia tries to reassure us, but it almost sounds like she is trying to convince herself of that.

We all stay silent as nothing happens, the only noise coming from the bubbling lava and the faraway cry of a ghast.

Then Petra and Jesse barrel through the portal, both sprawled out on the ground as Jesse gasps.

"That felt so weird!" She exclaims, looking as if she's never been through a portal before.

Everyone has at least once, and you would think a girl like Jesse would have been through one already.

Reuben rushes to Jesse, pulling her off the ground as Petra pushes herself shakily up off the neatherack.

"You guys alright?" I question, crossing my arms with one eyebrow raised.

Jesse nods, pulling out the amulet to check on it.

Her breathing sounds really odd, but I try and ignore it.

Maybe she's just out of breath.....

Or maybe I'm just making excuses for her.

But we didn't come to the neather so we could try and figure out the mystery of people's secrets.

Petra looks too concerned with the wheezing girl to care about her own health, which, luckily, looks fine.

Lukas walks over to Jesse, supporting her slightly.

I can't help but notice how Petra angrily looks down at her feet at how Jesse can't look into Lukas' blue eyes.

This was all really strange.

"Um... I hate to inturupt all..... This, but we should start getting to what we came here to do." Olivia inturupts the odd sight, making them all snap out of the weird trance.

Obviously Olivia has noticed this odd tension too, which makes us share a look.

One that says we'll hound the two later.

Jesse pushes away from Lukas, standing on her own.

Olivia and Lukas go to leave first, trying to find the path to Ellegard.

Olivia waves to me before leaving.

Jesse leans heavily on one of the pillars, her eye lids drooping slightly.

"Alright. Let's go." She chokes, walking towards the stairs that lead to the different minecart tracks.

Petra and I trail behind as the others are already on a track that says Redstonia above it.

"So, what was all that anger about before Petra?" I ask cooly, making her shoot a glare at me.

It doesn't affect me, mainly because I see the hidden look beneath it.

She wants to talk.

Reuben and Jesse stand in the middle of the room, trying to figure it all out.

She sighs, staring at Jesse.

"I honestly don't know Axle." She answers, rubbing her temples in frustration.

Jesse walks over to us, her pale eyes meeting the frustrated Petra.

"Um.... I figured out which track to take." She says, pointing to the track with the words 'boom town' over it.

Both of us share a look, but Petra shakes off her frustration, following the two to the tracks.

I face palm, needing a better answer than that.

Maybe Olivia will have more luck with Lukas, but right now I need to worry about finding Magnus.

Which by the way made me want to freak out, but I tried to keep it on the inside.

There are only two carts, making me smile with a plan.

"Petra! Jesse! You two ride in front. Reuben and I will sit in back." I suggest, shoving the two girls forward.

The tension of being so close to each other is so obvious that it makes me smirk slightly.

Reuben crosses his arms angrily, probably just mad that his sister seems to be agreeing with my suggestion.

I scoop him up off the ground, plopping down into the cart before setting him down on my lap.

"A-alright." Jesse stutters, sitting down in front.

Petra sits down behind her, trying to put space between the two of them, only to realize there was no space.

Reuben is still ticked as the powered tracks make us start heading towards the opening.

"Alright. Once we get to Boom Town, we need to keep a mindset. Find Magnus, get out. Got it?" Jesse states, not looking back at us.

We nod, knowing its probably best.

But I can't help but wish we could stay longer.

.....

Oh Axle. Being a fanboy can suck can't it? Anyway! I hope you enjoyed this small look into Axle's mind, but its kinds funny isn't it? I mean, he's like us! The fanboy that freaks out when his favorite person is around...... *CHANTS* ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

okay, I'm dome chanting now.

See you all soon!

-ThePurpleWarrior