Chapter 34

Jessie's POV

I had decided to enchant my diamond sword I brought from my old home.

But that turned out to be a strange turn of events.

It only used half of the book.

"That makes no sense. How could you only use half of an enchanting book?" Ivor mumbles, stroking his beard.

I shrug.

"Who said anything I've done before now has made any sense." I point out, making him nod.

"Good point. But this is too strange."

I walk over to the chest Ivor had offered some materials from, taking out the three diamonds and the two sticks.

"What are you doing?" Ivor asks, watching over my shoulder.

I quickly craft a diamond axe, making him tilt his head slightly.

"I'm trying something." I mutter, hoping this works.

I place the Axe on the anvil, putting the half-book on the other side.

Please work.

The Axe combine with the book.

"That actually worked!" I exclaim, making the other surround the anvil.

Now there were two of them...

Before I can ask anything about that my thoughts are completely lost when I spot Petra in her new armour.

I feel my cheeks heat up.

Ugh... Why did she have to look so damn cute?

 Why did she have to look so damn cute?

I shake the thought away.

No, you can't think about stuff like that right now. The Storm first.

"Will they both still work with enough power to destroy the block?" I inquire.

Ivor shrugs.

"Maybe. You might need to hit it with both of them to be able to fully destroy it." He replies, making me nervous.

I couldn't hit it with both at once.

The enchantment made them heavy, like over ten pounds heavy.

"You shouldn't do this alone." Ivor advises.

I shake my head.

Though I'd love to have someone with me up there, I couldn't be responsible for having one of them getting killed if it failed.

"I'll figure it out. But I will need some tricked out armour if you don't mind." I state, trying to get the topic off of going to destroy the block.