Chapter 14

Petra's POV

We step through the portal, all of us falling down onto the sand.

"Ow." Axle mutters, rubbing his head.

Jesse coughs not far from where I landed, looking slightly worse than when we left the fortress.

I get up, hearing the sounds of explosions and laughter coming from the town.

"Wow! We are actually here!" Axle shouts, facing oddly.

Reuben and I help Jesse up, who holds her head from the sudden movement from the ground.

"Ugh.... That hurt." She mutters, shaking it off.

We all stare together at the strange town.

"I don't want to go in there." Reuben says, holding onto Jesse's leg tightly.

She smiles down at her brother.

"Come on Reuben! This could be so cool." She tries to convince him.

Axle smiles in approval at the girl, making me smile lightly as well.

I had to agree.

This could be really cool.

We start to walk into the two together, each of us looking exited while at the same time a bit nervous.

But I would never admit that out loud.

We begin to make our way through the town, seeing TNT craters and smoke rising in the distance.

"Well. They seem to have a lot of fun now don't they?" I point out, making Axle scoff.

"Dude! You can't be serious! This is totally awesome! I mean, look at all these posters!" He says, pointing out all the different griefer tags.

Jesse looks at them in wonder, then looking around at the cacti and the half blown up buildings.

I find myself staring at her as she smiles at the sky, which is blocked slightly by lines of string strewn over our heads.

"Its so beautiful." She breathes.

I can't help but think the same thing, just not about the town.

"Not what I was thinking but sure." Axle states, looking over at me on spaced out state.

I nearly catch the smirk on his face, but I'm too captivated by Jesse's smile to notice.

That is, until he elbows me hard in the side.

I wince, glaring at him.

"What?!" I whisper shout, making his smirk grow.

"Oh. I'm sorry Petra. Was I interrupting your staring?" He teases slyly.

I fuke slightly, feeling my cheeks trying to heat up.

Luckily I learned how to stop myself from doing that.

So ha Axle.

"I was not staring. I was simply looking." I say stubbornly, crossing my arms.

He laughs.

"Sure." He states, making me glare at him, but he's already gone.

My gaze is redirected to Jesse, who is now holding the amulet.

The green light shines over her face, almost like it's trying to tell her something.

"What's that about Jesse?" I ask her, making her shrug.

"No clue. It glows when I move it in certain places." She explains, moving it towards the largest building there is here.

I squint, not understanding.

"That must be where Magnus is!" Axle shouts, making his voice echo through the town.

As if he had pulled out seeds with chickens around, a greifer pops her head out a window.

"Did you say you know where Magnus is?" She asks, making Jesse told her head slightly.

The girl had black hair in two pony tails on either side of her head.

She has goggles resting on her head with a pink T-shirt and blue jeans.

"Uh... I guess." Jesse states, making the griefer jump down from the building.

She walks up to her, getting a little to close to her for my comfort.

Yeah, I thought it.

"Well. Would you look at that. This thing could lead us to Magnus." She says smoothly, making us all confused.

"We?" Reuben asks, making people creeps from alley ways into the clearing.

She smirks, looking between the four if us.

"We." She states, her shifty eyes landing in Jesse.

There was no way we could take on all of them at once, unarmed especially.

This was impossible to win, so our small group was backing u ptowards the wall, not sure of what to do as the threatening griefers move closer and closer.

Our backs hit the wall of a building, making fear pulse through me.

Reuben is holding onto Jesse's leg, looking scared to death.

Axle pushes up against the wall as far as he can.

Me however, I surprise myself.

Behind out backs, Jesse and I link hands, trying to comfort each other with the small act if touch.

But even with that I feel the impending doom creeping up on us, so I squeaze her hand tightly, not sure what we are going to do.

....

Aw.... Are we scared Petra??? Anyway! So I hope you all like this chapter! And I actually updated! Holy crap! Its been so long. Anyway. Now, we have both groups in their own little problems. Jesse, Axle, Reuben and Petra are surrounded by griefers. While Luaks and Olivia have to figure out what to build to get Eleegaurd's attention.....

Yeah. They are doomed...

Or are they?

-ThePurpleWarrior