Chapter 2

Amy Pov

Ugh, school. It was my second year here at Camp Hill and I was dreading it. Homework, homework and more homework. Oh, and tests. It seemed as though it was going to be another long year. One step closer to leaving school. But also one step closer to GCSES. Ugh.

As usual I had woken up at 6am to get ready. According to my timetable, I had a few new teachers and I was also going to be learning a new language; German. The Joy.

On the other hand, I couldn't wait to see my friends again, especially Beatrice, Tris for short. She was my best friend and one of the only things keeping me sane.

Grudgingly, I walked down the long drive into school. I had arrived early, as usual, so it looked like I was a loner at the moment. Ten more minutes. I said to myself. Just ten minutes till they arrive.

Yesterday was a Teacher Training Day so we had the day off. It was Tuesday and I was excited to see what we were going to do in History, my favourite subject. As I looked it my timetable, it said:

Period 1 - History with Mr Waters
BREAK
Period 2 - German with Mrs Kaiser
Period 3 - Music with Miss Morgan
LUNCH
Period 4 - English with Mrs Sanders
Period 5 - Maths with Mr Williams

Mr Waters seemed to be a new teacher at our school. I wonder what he's like? Is he one of those old teachers who just droned on and on?
I was brought back to reality when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned round and saw Tris. Finally!

"Hey," she said, hugging me. It had been almost six weeks since we last saw each other. We had been only communicating via WhatsApp.

"Hi, how has life been without me?" I replied dramatically.

"Boring, I missed our gossip sessions and our fangirling moments."

"Well, wait no more for we have a lot a fangirling and gossip ahead of us."

We talked some more, mostly about our holidays and books we had been reading. We were definitely fangirls at heart.

Time passed quickly and before we knew were sitting in room 4, with our new teacher, Mr Waters. He wasn't what I was expecting. To say the least, the whole form was crushing on him and he obviously didn't notice. But it was a different story for Tris and I. We could already see a future ship. I was absolutely sure that we would find a teacher he will fall in love with. I smirked. This was going to be an eventful year and I was definitely looking forward to it.

The history lesson was amazing as always but today's lesson was better than most. The whole class was blushing every time Mr Waters chose someone to answer a question. Suddenly the whole class was good at history. He was completely oblivious. Good.

----------------

Tris and I spent break time wandering round the school. We didn't have any last minute homework to do like we usually would. In the end, we found ourselves waiting outside room 12 for our next lesson; German with Mrs Kaiser.

Everyone was talking about Mr Waters. Back off, he's well I have something planned. A ship. A good ship. An awesome ship. A perfect ship. Well I have no idea who I'm going to ship Mr Waters with but there will be someone. I will find her. Well we will find her. I already told Tris about my future ship. Melissa kept saying that she thinks Mr Waters was ugly. Yeah, right.

We had a problem though. All the young and pretty teachers were married or engaged. The only teacher left was the librarian, Ms Morris. NO WAY. She was an old, scary person, who couldn't be described as a lady due to the increased amount of hair on her chin. Yes, that's right. She has a beard. No way is she fit to be with Mr Waters.

Soon enough, the bell rang and we entered the classroom ready for our first German lesson. Mrs Kaiser was different from what we expected. She was cheerful and unlike other teachers, she was actually understanding.

"Hallo Klasse Acht!"

She greeted in German, but from little knowledge we have of the language, we sat there confused of what she was saying.

"Welcome to your first German lesson, 8Z! I will make sure that you, by the end of the year, know as much German as you know Spanish. How has your day been so far?"

"Good, Miss," the class replied, but I had something else to say.

"We had History first with Mr Waters," I interrupted, knowing that Mr Waters was not only a student crush, but a crush between the female staff population.

At the mention if Mr Waters, Mrs Kaiser went light shade of red, almost crimson coloured and cleared her throat awkwardly. She didn't comment on what I said and instead carried on with the lesson.

"Ok, so let's start off by the learning the German Alphabet!" she quickly changed the subject.

At that point I knew there was something going on between the two teachers. I had to find out more. I nudged Tris and gave her a knowing look.

Time to make our new ship sail.