Chapter 11

Austin POV

"What do you want?!" I asked trying to hide the anger boiling inside of me.

"Where's Liz?" he asked completely ignoring my question. I was actually quite suprised that he wasn't punching me in the face right now and was actually fairly calm.

"Why would she be here?"

"I know she's here." What?! How would Alex know she's here?! Was he stalking her?! Was he stalking me?! Was he stalking the both of us?!?!

As I was lost in my thoughts about a grown man stalking his ex-wife what is this- stuck in love or something?! And no I didn't watch that romantic drama alone (my ex forced me to), Liz appeared behind me.

"What's going on?" she asked.

"Give me a second," I told Alexander and made sure he waited at the door.

I took Liz to the living room where I knew Alex couldn't hear us.
"What are you doing? I'll take care of Alex a-" I tried to say.

"No." Liz interrupted.

"What? Liz what do you want from him?"

"Look I don't want anything to do with him and I don't want you to have anything to do with him either. Let's just ignore him. He doesn't need to be in our lives."
Good point Liz just one problem. He's at my freaking front door.

As if on cue, Alex walked in.
"Everything alright?" he asked. Why was he so calm?

"Yeah we're fine. What do you want?" Liz said with venom in her voice.

"You."
WHAT?!?! DUDE YOU CHEAT ON YOUR WIFE WITH HER BESTFRIEND AND THEN DON'T BOTHER TO DO ANYTHING FOR LIKE TWO WEEKS, THEN ASK FOR HER BACK WHILE STALKING HER?!?!?! WHAT KIND OF FVCKED UP AS$HOLE DOES THAT?!?!
Man my life was messed up.

Alex and Liz were both looking at me. Alex looked pretty angry but Liz just looked perplexed. What did I just do that could potentially end my life right now?

"What did you just say?" Alexander managed to spit out through gritted teeth.
What did I just say? I should really be more aware of my actions.

"I can't believe you," Liz choked out with a single tear rolling down her face.
Oh right. I guess I just said my thoughts out loud. I'm such an idiot!

"Liz I'm really sorry you kn-"

My apology got interrupted when Alex's fist met my nose. I stumbled a bit at first but if this is what he wanted then game on.

I recovered from my slight fall back and punched him in the face. I got him though no blood came out. He tried to throw a few punches at me and he missed some of them. Then I punched him in stomach and kicked him where it hurts.

He cried out in pain but got up immediately.

I noticed Liz wasn't here anymore. Damnit! I ran past Alex and jumped into my car. Yes, call me crazy for leaving my front door open and for leaving the biggest bastard I have ever met in my house - but I needed to find Liz.

Elizabeth POV

I couldn't take this anymore. I knew Austin just wanted to help me but couldn't he see that I could handle myself. And Alexander. Well he's a a$$hole. I just drove. Drove off into well a place that no one knows about. I never told anyone not even Alex or Samantha or Adelina knew about it. It was by a waterfall in the woods. Yeah, I know a wood in Birmingham? But it was in the outskirts of the city and VERY hard to find.

I parked my car and walked further into the woods.

After about half an hour of walking I reached my 'special' place. Then my phone started ringing. Man, I didn't even know I had signal over here.

I looked at the caller ID. I really didn't want to pick this up but I knew I had to face him sooner or later. Or maybe I could just for here. I mean there was no food or clean water. Yeah, I could just stay out here for days.

Unfortunately my subconcious tapped the green answer button.

"Hello?"

"Hi Liz I'm really sorry about what happened. You know I didn't want to h-"

"Save it. Just go away I don't want to hear it."

"Look you know I didn't mean it. I am really sorry. Please forgive me."

"WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I WOULD FORGIVE AFTER WHAT YOU'VE DONE?! YOU THINK THAT I'M STUPID AND DESPERATE ENOUGH TO FALL FOR YOU AND FORGIVE YOU AFTER WHAT HAPPENED?! WHY?! WHY WOULD I DO THAT?! WHY WOULD YOU THINK THAT?!"

"I'M REALLY SORRY LIZ! WHY CAN'T YOU JUST FORGIVE ME?!"

"I CAN'T NOW JUST GET OUT OF MY LIFE. GOOD BYE ALEXANDER."

I hung up after that. Why would he think that I could forgive him?! I mean he broke my heart and my friendship with Sam! Two things I never wanted to be broken in my life were and all because of him.

I stay there for hours. This can't exactly be my special and happy place after what just happened can it?!

Or maybe it can.

Wait what?!

Oh. Right. Him. I should probably apologise after what happened today. WAIT! WHAT IF HE DOESN'T ACCEPT MY APOLOGY?! WHAT IF DRIVES A MASSOVE WEDGE BETWEEN OUR RELATIONSHIP- I MEAN FRIENDSHIP?! I COULD HAVE HURT HIM MORE THAN I THOUGHT?! WAIT! HOW DID HE KNOW WHERE I WAS?!

"Hi," he said EXTREMELY casually.

"Hey."

"So what and where is this place?" I had to think for a moment. How do you answer that? "Actually don't tell me. This is just a random place in the middle of nowhere where you come to just clear your mind."

I just nodded. How did he know that? Was he physic?

Why would he be physic?

Good point. Could he read minds?

You know sometimes I think my subconcious just really wants to mentally facepalm.

"So are you gonna invite me or is this just a party for one?" he asked.

"Oh. Right. Yeah uh you can sit here if you want though it's probably not very exciting."

"I like it," he said sitting down. "Oh yeah I brought food."

"Subway?? Nice," I laughed.

Actually Subway is my favourite restaurant (well it used to be MacDonalds but yeah...) - I know I know I'm cheap but it's good food for a good price. What more could you want?

We just sat and talked for what must have been hours. We were going back to our cars. Today- well tonight was a good night. Nothing good ruin it.

And once again I spoke too soon.