Chapter 8

Elizabeth POV

What did I just do? I kissed him. I kissed him. And he kissed me back. I sat there in awe. I don't know what got into me. I guess this whole 'cheating' thing had messed up my brain. What I have done? I just ruined our friendship. He probably doesn't like me back anyway.

Austin didn't say anything and neither did I. What was I supposed to say anyway? He kissed me back. It was probably just a mistake. He doesn't like me. Does he? Its funny my subconscious didn't have anything to say. I was overwhelmed with emotions, first Alex cheating on my with my best friend and now this. I got up and went to the guest bedroom, leaving Austin in the living room alone.

Why the hell did I kiss him? I just found out that my husband was cheating on me for crying out loud! I was just caught up in the moment. Yeah. Just caught up in the moment. I need to find somewhere else to stay as soon as possible.

Lying on the bed, which was covered in clean white sheets, I thought of all the times Alexander took me out on dates. The time he asked me to be his girlfriend. The time when he proposed. And most importantly all the times he told me how much he loved me. It was all a lie. All of it. But how? At least Alec isn't married to Sam yet. He doesn't have to go through a divorce like I do.

But Sam. How could she do such a thing? She didn't just break her fiancé's heart, she broke any trust we had. I can't talk to her again. What kind of best friend does that? I guess I can't call her that anymore. I scoffed. Best friend? The only word I could think of to describe her was whore.

All my thoughts were too much. I couldn't take it anymore. It was just so hard. My heart was hurting. I was hurting. Why me? Out of all people why me?

Soon enough, I fell asleep, with dried tears on my cheeks. A sleep that I desperately needed.

Austin POV

She kissed me. She actually kissed me. Does that mean she likes me? No. I am probably just her rebound or something. No. Liz wouldn't do that.

I cleared my mind from my conflicting thoughts and walked up to the guest room door. Alec was coming here soon so I wanted to talk to her before he does. When I got to the door, before I knocked, I heard her whispering to herself inaudible things and sniffling. This definitely wasn't the right time. So I walked away. No matter how desperate I was to talk to her, I needed to remember that she just found out her husband was cheating on her best friend. I had to to be considerate.

It wasn't long before I heard a loud knock on the door. Damn! Alec must be really angry.

Expecting Alec, I opened the door quickly, since it seemed liked he was impatient for an explanation. I would too of I was in his shoes. But when I opened the door I saw the last person I expected to see. Alexander. Her husband. Well soon to be ex-husband.

"What do you want?" I asked harshly. Why should I be polite to such an asshole of a guy? He didn't deserve any respect at all after what he did to Liz. He freaking cheated in her with her best friend! That's low even for him!

"Is Liz here?" he replied. A look of desperation was planted on his face, his hair messy and disleveled.

"How did you even get my address?"

"Sam gave it to me. Is-"

"Of course she did. Well, I am asking you to leave, politely." I cut him off. I was sure Sam was in no mood to talk to him, so I had to stop this before it got too far.

"No. I need to talk to Liz."

Un-freaking-believeable! Was this guy so thick that he couldn't figure out that Liz didn't want to talk to him!
"Get out." I tried to control my anger but it was hard to be completely honest. He hurt Liz's feelings and broke her heart. How could I ever forgive that?

"I need to see Liz, is she here or what?!" His voice got louder throughout. But I didn't care. I would protect Liz from this asshole no matter what.

"It's not like I would tell a bastard like you."

"That's it. Move out of my f***ing way, or I'll force you out of my way. Your choice."

"I'm not moving anywhere."

"Well, I guess you deserve what you get!"

Alex pushed me out the way but I just came back and punched his nose. He fell backwards, holding his nose for dear life. But he wasn't down long. He came back, pushing my jaw. Hard. There had to be a bruise there. Just as I was about to punch him again, I heard a female voice. But not any voice. It was Liz's.

"What the hell is going on here? What are YOU doing here?" She said, pointing at Alexander.

"Liz, look I..." Alex stuttered.

"No. I don't want to hear it. Get out."

"But..."

"No. GET OUT!" Liz suprised us all, screaming at her husband, or whatever he is.

Alex stormed out, pushing past Alec, who happened to just walk through the door.

"What happened?" Alec questioned. "What has he done now?"

I didn't answer him, and neither did Liz. Instead we looked at each other, well Liz glared at me. What had I done wrong? I just protected her. She walked off to the guest bedroom, slamming the door behind her and locking it.

Alec gave me a questioning look. I had a lot of explaining to do.