Ch 15: How's Life?

Lucy's P.O.V.

I was searching for a job on the gigantic board, while Natsu and Nashi stayed home.
Apparently he didn't sleep last night for some reason and now he couldn't even get up without tripping over his own feet from exhaustion. I hope it wasn't a bad dream.

"Soooo..which one are you getting, Lucy?"

Asked a sweet voice from behind. "Huh? I still haven't decided, Wendy". Her small arm stretched towards a
paper and ripped it away from the board.

"How 'bout this one?". She handed me the paper which had a short sentence printed on it. 'Save us from evil witch!' it read with the location.

"Sounds easy enough! I'll be leaving then!" I shouted like a child. "It doesn't even look like you're a parent" she laughed. I pouted and laughed a little. "Bye, Wendy! Tell Natsu and Mirajane I went put for a job."

She waved me goodbye and looked at the board to find a job of her own. Part of me wanted to ask somebody for help, like a partner, but I just shook the idea out of my head.
I needed to start doing things on my own without company. I'm a parent!

.
.
.
.

Natsu's P.O.V.

I don't know. I just couldn't sleep last night. So many random thoughts and questions were being piled right into my brain. A lot of them were about Lucy and Nashi.
For some reason my body decided to stay in bed and look at the 'apparently' beautiful ceiling. "Ugh..." I struggled to sit up on the bed, but I managed to with the help of some pillows. "Luce? Whatcha going to make for breakfast?".

I got no response, so I opened my eyes in flash to check my surroundings.
"She probably went to the guild without waking me up. Idiot, she knows I get worried" yawning and stretching I got out of the bed which was calling to me with wonderful whispers. I think that was probably my imagination, but I really wanted to go back to bed.

.

.

.

*cough. cough.*

.

.

.

A few coughs were blurted out of Nashi's mouth, but I didn't make much of it.
I headed to the bathroom, but Nashi's strange coughs continued making me worry.

"Hey, Nashi you alright?" I questioned as if she would answer me.
Her coughs were starting to get louder and somehow it was starting to hurt my throat. I ran towards her hoping to find her playing with stuffed animals or sleeping, but no. She was laying on the crib as red as ever with a coughing fit.

"Hey! Hey! Nashi calm down!".

I touched her forehead and it was burning, you could probably roast marshellows on her skin. Even for me, a fire dragon slaylor, it felt hot.

"Um...Lucy?! What the hell do I do?! Nashi stop coughing or something!" I was panicking and that didn't mean good news. "Okay, okay! Let's go to the guild!". I grabbed Nashi and jumped out the window making sure not to hurt her while doing it.

"Move please! Excuse me! Pardon me! Move! Sorry!" I yelled as I crashed into people.

As I tackled the guild doors while holding Nashi everyone screamed and looked at me. "Nashi is umm..she is! Uh! Sick and!" I couldn't control myself. I was shaking and my vision was going blurry.

"Wendy! Please take Nashi to the infirmary! I'll try to calm this idiot down!" yelled a white haired mage. "Someone else go help Wendy! She may need assistance!".