Chapter 2: The Meeting

Lauren's POV:

    I wake up with a smile on my face. Today is the day I will meet my future girl. Wow I sound like a crazy person. Anyway I start how I always start the day.

"Siri call Manibear."

"Calling Manibear now."

I love when Siri actually does something right. Today is going to be a good day. After 4 rings Normani answers.

(A/N Normani. Lauren.)

"You up?"
"Yes I am waiting for my lovely best friend.
"Give me 5 minutes and I will be right there."
"Did you leave my slippers under my bed or in front?"
"In front so have them on I am already up."
"Kay. Love you. Oh and good morning."
"Morning. What time are we going to meet your friends?"
"It's an all day type of thing we are going to get breakfast then do some activities after a movie at Dinah's."
"You do realize you will not be watching the movie"
"Dinah said she got me we will do something else but it will end at her house."
"Fine well I'm at your door."
"Kay."

I hang up and hear Normani enter trying to be quiet.
"Hello Mani." I say.

"Dammit Lauren. Can I scare you ever?"

I laugh."Nope you are a mouth breathe ." I say with a smirk.

She begins to pull me up and I walk to my bathroom with her slowly following behind me. Before you judge me I can walk to the bathroom all by myself. Normani dedicates her life to look over me. She is basically here to see if I bump into things and to put out the things I need for the next day. Since the 1st day of daycare she has been helping me. It's no surprise to anyone that we are inseparable. She is my best friend I love her so much and I am so thankful. She is one of the few people I actually saw before I went blind.

"Okay toothbrush and face wash all there I'm going to run the warm water and then I will leave you alone."

I give her my thanks and begin to brush my teeth and wash my face. I hear Mani close the door so I begin to undress myself. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven. I take seven steps and lift one leg and sit myself in the tub. To my left is the bubbles. Hey I might be 19 but I still love myself some bubbles. I put my head in the water and then come up. After about 15 minutes I get up and on my right is my towel robe. Take my seven steps again and then 4 steps to the door.
"MANII!! I"M DONE."I hear running steps.

"You didn't fall right?" I laugh at her.

"No silly. I honestly can live by myself."

I feel Mani shake her head. "Lo, no we have been through this. I will leave when you get married and have my godchild."

"Okay so what's for breakfast?" She leads me to the table.

"Pancakes." Yum my favorite.

"Today is a good day."

Ding I get an alert from my phone.

"Siri read my last text message."
"Okay will do."

"Lauser be ready. Gonna pick you in 15."-Dinah

"You know I can read your texts." I shake my head.

"No but text her that we are ready... wait are you ready?" I hear her laughing.

"Been ready. I told her she texted back."

"What she say?"

Perfect I am at your block hurry up-Dinah