Chapter 24: Love is the thing

I begin the day with my favorite class. This will be the first time I will be in class since the surgery.

"Good morning class before I begin, I would like to congratulate Lauren."He tells the class.

Everyone begins  to clap and I smile at the gesture. I hear a few "Congrats" and get some pats on my back.

"Alright now we are going to begin with some thinking questions."Professor says.

Everyone in the class groans. A few people roll their eyes me included. Don't get me wrong I love Professor Anderson's class but his stupid thinking questions bother me.

"What is one thing Human's need to be happy?"He asked.

"Sex."Justin said and everyone laughs.

"No Bieber, Hansen can you tell me?" He asked.

Dinah groans and puts her phone in her pocket.

"I don't know puppies?"She asked in a sarcastic way.

"No Hansan, but studies have shown that dog make a human feel better.Jauregui put us all out of our misery." He says.

"Love."I say smiling, my mind instantly thinking of Camila.

"Why is that? Give me facts." Professor says jumping in excitement.

"The 75-year Harvard Grant studies-"He interrupts me.

"God, I love Jauregui. Give me more because obviously everyone here is lost. Tell us more."He says.

"It's one of the most comprehensive longitudinal studies ever conducted — followed 268 male Harvard undergraduates from the classes of 1938-1940 for 75 years, regularly collecting data on various aspects of their lives. The universal conclusion? Love really is all that matters, at least when it comes to determining long-term happiness and life satisfaction." I state memorizing this from the textbook.

"That is very true. This is something that continued for 75 years, men in a room similar to this playing the same game we are right now. The only difference is that we know the answer."He says as he leans on his desk.

"Jauregui can you give me another theory?"He asked and I nod.

"One is love. The other is finding a way of coping with life that does not push love away."A quote from the famous George Vaillant, a psychiatrist. For example, one participant began the study with the lowest rating for future stability of all the subjects and he had previously attempted suicide. But at the end of his life, he was one of the happiest. Why? As Vaillant explains, "He spent his life searching for love."I simply say.

"A man was living the ultimate low of life. He wanted to end it. All psychiatrist, psychologist are deeply scared of suicide. Even if you aren't any of the two you are still scared because most people don't even show it. Love saved him from himself."Professor Anderson said.

"Yeah but what happens when they break up? You can't depend on someone. That's wrong."Justin says.

"Bieber, have you ever fell in loved?"Professor Anderson asked.

Before Justin answered he looks over at Selena and gulps.

"That not important."He states.

"But it is. Why, because if you haven't then anything you are about to say is irrelevant since you don't know. If you were in love and it went downhill you think all love is like that when it isn't ."Professor Anderson says.

"Hansan, ever been in loved?"Professor Anderson asked, Dinah blushes and nods.

"Jauregui?"He asked me and I nod proudly at my beautiful girlfriend.