Chapter 12: Mind Fucked

Camila moved out last week. We got past the whole Keana crap that happened that day too. We haven't seen each other much because she has been busy with exams. I have my favorite course today, Professor Anderson.

"What is the main reason of this course?" Professor Anderson asked.

"Gomez go ahead." He says.

"To let us know how the mind works. This will help us in the future to be the best psychologist and psychiatrist out there." Selena says.

"Okay Gomez what do you want to become?" Professor Anderson asked.

"A child psychologist." She says proudly.

"Why?" He asked.

"The brain always fascinated me and I love children." She states.

"Hmm interesting. Hansen! What is your career choice?" He asked.

"Special Education teacher." Dinah says.

"Why is that?" He asked.

"Like Selena I like kids. I have also had some hands on experiences with kids who are disabled and I would love to keep doing that as long as I can." Dinah says.

"Jauregui what is yours?" He asked me.

"I want to be a psychologist." I say.

"Why?" He asked.

"The mind is beautiful and the way you can help someone by talking to them is amazing. I can help  people without giving them drugs. People get caught up in all the drugs that no one helps the actual problem. No offense to any future psycitrist out there. It's something I have always wanted to do. I get to play hero and save people from themselves." I say.

I hear clapping.

"That is how you do it. No offense guys but Jauregui is my favorite. So back to the topic, the mind. You all are here because in one way or another the mind fascinates you. Am I right?" He asked

Everyone hums in agreement.

"We are going to play everyone's favorite game. Two people. Okay so we have two people, both lost a sibling. One takes shutting everyone out and not responding the other takes to drugs and violence . How do we help these people? Bieber give it to me." He says.

"The one who is shutting everyone out I would let him be." Justin says.

"Why?" Professor Anderson asked.

"He obviously has to grieve on his own. If I keep bothering him he's gonna come at me. The one doing drugs is easier."

"No it's not." I inject.

"Oooo. We have a debate. Bieber against Jauregui. Careful Bieber I think Jauregui's girlfriend is a lawyer or studying to be one." Professor Anderson jokes and everyone laughs.

"The person who is shutting everyone out shouldn't be left alone. Neither one of them are easy." I state.

"Yeah but you need to deal with the one who is hurting themselves first instead of the one who is processing to hurt themselves." Justin says.

"This about the brain. It's a trick question Professor is asking. If the topic is the mind then the one who is shutting everyone is hurting more mind wise. At least the one who is doing drugs is responding." I say.

"Once again Jauregui is right. The topic was the mind. When a person is shutting everyone out it's harder to let them open to you, the one who is helping. A person mourning by getting high and drunk all the time is hurting their mind and body but not as much as shutting everyone out." Professor Anderson states.