Chapter 10: Dinner with the Parents

Camila POV:

  Today my parents are going to meet Lauren's parents. I'm so screwed, Lauren's parents are so respectful and nice and my dad well he isn't. Hopefully he doesn't go.

Before I can say anything Lauren wakes up.

"Good morning babe." She says

"Morning Lauren." I say.

   I'm kinda mad from last night. Lauren basically slept with most of her old friends from high school. I don't know why it bothers me so much. I think what bothers me is that she has the secret something with that Lucy girl. Whatever it was, Lucy took it serious and Lauren didn't.

"Okay babe tell me what I did." She says.

"It's nothing." I tell her.

"It has to be something if you are acting this way. What is it? Is it because I'm not a virgin?" She asked with her eyebrows scrunched up adorably. God she's so cute. 

"What really happened with you and Lucy?" I ask her.

"Babe is that what this is all about?" She asked.

"I don't care that you aren't a virgin and that you slept with those girl but the name Lucy stuck. When she was there the night of the charity she looked at you like you were the light in her darkness. I feel like you guys had something serious but you never told me about that." I admitted.

"We were never serious. She was my first girl crush. Lucy always put grades before anything. She had aspirations, to be a doctor. She needed to achieve that before letting herself love someone. Her plan would get fucked up every once in awhile because I would end up in her bed." She tells me

"Ughh you can stop now." I tell her, scrunching my nose at the thought.

"No. Lucy and I were never serious. I liked her year and she liked me but she loved her dream more. When we were seniors about to graduate I wanted to follow her to New York to be with her. She said no, that I should stay here and be the heir of Jauregui Industries. This is my life and she has hers. That was where we left things. I found you and I love you okay. So quit being worried about Lucy and love me back and give me kisses."She tells me pouting a little.

"Get up. Let's get ready, brush our teeth and then I'll give you all the kisses you want." I say with a smile

"That's how I like it." She says with that beautiful smile of hers.

"I love you too." I tell her.

We get ready and now we are on our way to get my mom.

"Are you nervous?" I ask Lauren, nervous myself.

"Sofi already likes me. She said she's gonna give me good cred with you mom." She tells me with a smirk.

"You are stealing my sister." I say and she laughs.

The rest of the ride was silent but it was a comforting silence. We reach my childhood home. I help Lauren out and guide her to the front door.

"Hola Mami." I say.

"Mija ven entra. ¿Es esta  Lauren?" Is this Lauren

"Si, Lauren this is my mom." I say.

"Hola señora Cabello un placer de conocerla."Hello Mrs.Cabello it's a pleasure to meet you.  Lauren said very politely.

"Please call me Sinu." My mom says in her thick cuban accent.

"My apologies, Sinu." Lauren says.