Chapter 4: Date Night

Lauren's POV:

   My morning started as it always did. I am now in Professors Anderson's class. Dinah keeps texting and giggling as I am recording what the teacher is saying.

"See there is a difference between a person who needs help but is scared to ask for help and someone who needs help and is not willing to accept the help. You as the help need to notice this difference. HANSEN!" He yells, sounding exasperated.

Dinah stops texting and shifts in her seat.

"Yes Professor Anderson."

"How would you tell if someone is scared to get help or someone who is just being difficult and doesn't want help?" Professor Anderson asked.

"You can tell when someone is scared and when someone doesn't want to be bothered." Dinah states.

"How?"

"You just do."

"Wrong answer Ms.Hansen. JAUREGUI! How can you tell if someone is scared and when someone doesn't want to be bothered?"

"When someone is scared they show more emotion and acknowledge that they have a problem but may be hesitant to getting help. At first one may even be distant to the helper. A person who doesn't want to be bothered by their problem acts like they don't have a problem. They will act cold towards someone trying to help." I state proudly of myself.

"Jauregui now tell me this, how will you help these two people?"My Professor questions

"The one who is scared, I will gain their trust. If one is scared they usually don't trust people. The one who is not willing to get help, I would trick."

"Hmm. Interesting. Hansen how would you help these two different people?"

"The one who is scared I would comfort. The one who is not willing to get help I would not pressure them. They eventually will come to me." Dinah says.

"Okay next class we will do something fun, we will debate if the rest of you would do what Jauregui states or what Hansen states." Professor Anderson clarifies.

The classroom soon becomes empty leaving Dinah and I. She guides me outside.

"So is Mani coming to get you?"

I shake my head. "No. She has a dance class to teach." I inform her.

"You will be walking by yourself?"

I nod. "Yeah I don't live too far from here and I have my symbol cane. I'll be okay."

"I'm still going to walk with you."

We start walking to my apartment.

"Are you nervous for your date with Mila tonight?"she asked.

"Yeah I am." I say shyly.

"Where are you taking her?"

"I'm taking her to Romeo's cafe" I told her.

"Woah that place is hard to get into." She said, sounding surprised.

"Yeah but I know the owner. After that I'm taking her for a walk on the beach and then taking her back to her dorm. My little brother is driving me around so it will be okay."

"Well that sounds perfect. Actually take her back to mine and Ally's dorm she's crashing there."

I stop walking. "She's still staying there?"

"Yeah she's having problems with her roommate she might switch with someone and until then she's mine and Ally's roommate."

I shrug and start walking again. "Okay."