Damages

Before the announcement of winners for the competition, the works were exhibited for public viewing. All 50 finalists from all over Korea were invited to the opening ceremony of the exhibit. Sooyoung excitedly handed Donghae the invite for the gala night.

"Here's your invite, and you'll need a date for the gala night! Who will it be?" Sooyoung asked with a gleeful voice.

Donghae blushed as she looked at the invite and thought of wearing a gown and walking hand in hand with Eunhyuk. She smiled and looked back at Sooyoung and mutters her boyfriend's name.

"I see.. you'll be lovely together with him." Sooyoung smiled at the young scholar and Donghae hugged her.

~~**~~**

"Would you go to the gala with me?" Donghae blurted out and Eunhyuk choked on his strawberry milk. "stop it!!!" Donghae pushed Eunhyuk and the lad fell out of his chair.

"What the.. I didn't even do anything to you!" Eunhyuk uttered and Donghae puffed her cheeks and pouted.  "I was just surprised that you asked me.." Eunhyuk stood up and walked towards Donghae and wrapped his arms around Donghae and kissed her on her forehead. "of course I'll go with you to the gala.. why would I miss this opportunity to witness my Sweetheart's work being displayed." He said making Donghae blush and hug Eunhyuk.

"you silly monkey! Hyukkie.. can I call you Hyukjae now?!"She asked with stars in her eyes.

"Whatever you want to call me Hae.." Eunhyuk replied and Donghae kissed him on the cheeks and whispered.

"Saranghae Lee Hyukjae!" Donghae's voice sounded like the calm sea in Mokpo

"Saranghae Lee DongHae." Eunhyuk replied, flashing his gummy smile to the most precious girl in the entire universe.

~~~***~~~
Just like their first Gala night at the General Assembly, Donghae was stunning in her Greek Goddess inspired Yellow draped gown and Eunhyuk was all handsome in his matching coat and tie. The other scholars were also there to support their dear friend. It was magical just like that faithful night and Donghae smiles as they enter the place and in time for the opening ceremonies. The director was giving this long and quite uninteresting speech, well at least for Eunhyuk and he tries his best not to close his eyes.

"Hyukkie.. what are you doing!" Donghae whispered and Eunhyuk's eyes flew open and he was surprised.

"what.. oh.. I was.." Eunhyuk was lost.

Donghae laughed at his boyfriend and Eunhyuk just smiled his gummy smile. As we all know, he cared less for art unless it involves Donghae. And just like an answered prayer, it was time for the viewing and they can all admire the beautiful works of talented finalists, but in Eunhyuk's eyes, there can only be one outstanding work, Donghae's masterpiece.

They walked through the halls of the gallery and look at the various works. Donghae nervously walked as they approaches her work, Eunhyuk holds her hands tighter and smiles back at her, Donghae relaxed a little. Finally, they are standing in front of the canvass that bears Donghae's name. Her friends were ecstatic at the sight of the work and she was congratulated by them and even Changmin gave her a bouquet for her outstanding work, Eunhyuk got a little jealous.

"well, well, well... isn't it island girl enjoying such attention for her rubbish work." All heads turned to see Heechul walking towards the group with her traditional smirk, Hangeng grabbed her hand and pulled her away from the group and dragged her to an empty room.

"can you not cause any more trouble!" Hangeng remarked and Heechul get herself free.

"I'm not causing any trouble, I'm just stating a truth.. reality bites Hangeng, that piece of rubbish is..." Heechul started.

That was it.. no more restrictions and Hangeng managed to spank Heechul. There were silence and there were pain and broken hearts.

"I can't blame you if you have fallen in love with her.. she's everything I'm not.." Heechul said plainly and she walks away, her face unchanged and her eyes wavering. 

Hangeng stared at the retreating back of the girl she hurts, both physically and emotionally. He clenched his fist and punched the adjacent wall. How could he hurt a girl? And worse it's Heechul. What is bothering Hangeng the most was, Heechul accepted it, just accepted it like a sponge and he realized how much he had hurt her. Her words rang inside his brain, as if on replay. 

She's everything I'm not

Heechul despised Donghae for that reason and being the man that she loves falling for Donghae, Heechul's hatred grew tenfold. If anyone was to blame why Heechul does such things to Donghae, Hangeng is the one to blame.

Heechul walked out of the gallery, her expression unchanging. Eunhyuk saw her walking away and ran after her, Donghae frowned for a certain reason and Hangeng held her hand as she watched her boyfriend ran after Heechul. A few minutes later, Eunhyuk walked back to find his girlfriend hand in hand with Hangeng and he just walked away completely; his heart breaking and tears threatening to fall as he took each bitter step away from that faithful place