Line Eighteen: Recollection

Ohana.

"Ohana means family
Family means nobody gets left behind
Or forgotten"

1997

Congratulations! You've been blessed with a healthy twin baby boy. The doctor said to both Mr and Mrs Jeon. Tears of joy streamed down the two who has just been given a heavenly gift from God. Two healthy twin boys. One named Jeon Kookie, the other Jeon Jungkook. Their parents originally wanted to name the other Jeon Junghyun but they sticked to their original names because they are twins. Twins share everything similar. Their looks, their names, their clothes and sometimes their behavior too. Twins think alike they say.

1998

The twins turn one year old. Their parents did a birthday party to welcome all their relatives and friends to celebrate. When it was time to blow off the candles, Jungkook was on his father's arms while Kookie on his mum's. The cake was placed in the centre between the two. Blow off the candle, Jungkookieee. That's what their parents would say if they wanted to call both their names at once, by combining them. The birthday party went well and everyone left with a bright smile on their face.

1999

The two year old baby boys became more active vocally. Learning their ABCs. Trying to spell out their name out. K O K I E? Kokie? That.. My.. Name? The little one stuttered. No no my baby, it's kookie, his mother replied gently. Kookie! The older twin brother hugged his baby brother, you cute! He complimented. We love you, our precious twin boys. Their parents said as they stared down at their two boys who was engrossed on their ABC book. Wuv? The younger one questioned, what is wuv? It's love, my dear. She pointed to his heart and back at hers. Heart? The little one asked again. Yes. Heart. His mother separated the words, again, pointing her finger at his heart and him pointing his tiny finger to hers. Heart, he said. The little boy smiled and diverted his attention back to his book. And this was when the little boy understood that the heart was where love is.

2000

Mummy mummy! The little one sprinted towards her. I want wear same outfit as Jungkook, pwetty pwease. At this age, their speech turned clearer. Not great but better. Sure thing, pumpkin. She dressed both of them with a yellow shirt and denim overalls, making them look like the minions from despicable me. Yay! We are same same, kookie. The older one left a peck on the cheek for the younger one. He really loves him even though they are two minutes apart. The little one responded by returning the kiss. The older one shines his brightest smile and back hugged the younger one: I wuv Kookie! I wuv Jungkook! And this was when the three year olds first utter the three letter word to each other.

2001

Cartoon timeeeee, their high pitch voice screeched throughout the living room. They flickered the tv on with the remote and sat obediently near to the screen. LILO & STITCH! There came a scene, an emotional scene where Lilo explained to Stitch regarding her parent's death. Stitch found a family photo below her pillow and she said: That's us before... It was raining, and they went for a drive. What happened to yours? I hear you cry at night. Do you dream about them? I know that's why you wreck things, and push me. Our family is little now and we don't have many toys but if you want, you can be part of it. You could be our baby and we would raise you to be good. The next part was when the two little boys cry...