Chapter 6

(Merlin's POV)

After tripping at dinner time I was rewarded with yet some more torture. Man this family really dislike there servants I'm going to have to be a lot more careful next time if I am to survive. As I think about it now, I shouldn't use my magic in this house. I could get myself killed!

It was starting to rain when the guards finished. Every drop of water that came in contact with my wounds sent a sharp pain through my body. I am beginning to wish I hadn't left the orphanage. They treated me a whole lot better than here. Except for Arthur. He is definitely different then his father. If I am to stay here I would be because of him. And him only.

--

Once inside the house it was dark out and I wasted no time in trying to find my manservant room. As I walked along the many hallways I would as some of the other manservants and or servants were my room was located. Finally finding it I wasn't surprised at its small size. It wasn't that big of a room. The only furniture that consisted in the room was a bed, a dresser for my clothes, which I had very little of, and a nice wide window so I can see outside the room.

As the sun sets, and morning comes I find I didn't get all that much sleep. All night I lay hopelessly in bed squirming and wincing. Yes, I may have fallen asleep a few times, but not enough to say I had a good sleep. There seemed to be no way of finding comfort when I had whip slashes on my back. Every time I change positions in my bed to get myself more comfortable I'd end up reopening some of the slash wounds. The whole night I basically just laid on my back and never moved an inch. Before I knew it I was to wake up Arthur in his room.

Getting up was a challenge in its self. Then was getting my clothes on that gave me grief. Once I'm dressed I quickly look at myself at the tiny mirror against the wall seeing myself in my red shirt, blue handkerchief, pants and boots. This was basically the only outfit that I had. Either that maybe a different shirt and or handkerchief. After leaving my room I go through a couple of hallways leading to the entrance of the house. Coming to a staircase that led to the second floor, I remember Arthur had ran down these stairs at the same as I came through the front door for the first time.

Coming to the top of the stairs I turn left and see a long hallway, with a door at the very end. Along the walls though, where pictures of long past relatives most likely. Man they look creepy, like there staring at me. Once at the door, I open it slowly, hoping not to wake up Arthur. He was lying in his bed fast asleep. How he looked cute as he slept, unaware of any worries of this world. Wait why am I thinking of Arthur being cute?! I couldn't be crushing on my master now could I? No, I must forget these feelings I have towards Arthur. For I am his servant, and there is no way he could possibly have the same feelings towards me, as I him.

Shaking this thought out of my head, I head towards the window blinds, which were covering the window, making the room darker than it should be. As I open them, I wince forgetting the slashed on my back. I hold my ground then say, "Rise and Shine," between grinding teeth.

"It's time to get up sir." I say, slowly turning around towards Arthur. Still lying in his covers looking towards me.

"Common Merlin, deal with your pain like a man!" says Arthur, smirking afterwards.

"Prat!" I say, annoyed.

"What did you just call me?" says Arthur, showing surprise vividly on his face.

"I said you're a prat!" I repeat, showing slight worry on my face.

"Well you're my manservant so you're just going to have to deal with my prattyness." Answers Arthur, as he laughs a little. I laugh.

"Well it's nice to see you up and walking." Says Arthur, as he slowly gets up from his bed, and sitting on the edge.

"It's my job to get you up and ready for the day sir." I say, smiling when I see Arthur's face cringe at my saying "sire".

"Why don't you just call me Arthur." Says Arthur. "You may have to call me Sir when around my father, but in my room I can make an exception.

"Alright Arthur." I say, smiling.

This day is getting better and better.

------------------------------------------------------------

Alright guys. The first thing I need to say is I am SOOOOO SORRY that it took me this long to publish chapter 6. I am having a hard time figuring out what exactly I want in this book. I have been having a hard time deciding what to put in between now and the end of this book. I know what i'm working towards, it's just what is between that i can't figure out. If any of you have any ideas please put it into the comments. I will give a shout out to all who do so. It would really help me.

So please don't give up on me on this book, I'm trying so stay with me on this. The next chapter won't take as long as this one did. Again i'm SOOOO SORRY!!!!

- Lari