Genma x Reader

"Hey (Y/N)! Come check this out. I found it." Genma said while showing his girlfriend a picture. (Y/N) looked closely and blushed. "Genma! You promised me you threw this away!" She pouted and punched her boyfriend's arm. He chuckled at her embarrassment and kissed her cheek. "Why do you hate it? It's cute. Look how young we were...that was when you hated me." Genma stated with a grin.

"I didn't hate you, I just thought you were always such a show off." (Y/N) mumbled and avoided her boyfriend's gaze. "You thought I was a show off?" Genma asked with a confused look. "Remember our fight? I came up with a plan and I was sure I had the upper hand, but you used your senbon and deflected my kunai. I was running out of ninja tools and that threw off my strategy. That's when you started to dodge my Shadow Possession and Shadow Strangle easily and you managed to beat me." She explained and stuck her tongue at him.

Genma chuckled lightly and shook his head. "You never let that go, huh?" He grinned and kissed her cheek. She blushed and her heart fluttered. Even though they have been together for nearly eight years, (Y/N) still loves the warm feeling she gets from his kisses. "Hey, don't be nervous about today too. You'll make it, I swear." Genma encouraged his girlfriend with a wink.

"W-What if I don't?" (Y/N) asked nervously. "Don't say that, I know you'll make it. After all, you are the first child of Shikaku Nara. You claim your strategies in battles aren't as good as your little brother and father's, but I think you're smarter than them. Shikamaru is usually too cautious and overlooks a perfect strategy and your father..well I don't really know how to explain his way of thinking. All I know is you're my favorite strategist and I want you to be a Jonin so we can complete a lot more missions together." Genma said making (Y/N)'s heart warm.

"You're always so sweet." (Y/N) chirped and kissed his cheek. Genma's senbon was always in the way when she wanted to kiss his lips, but she didn't mind. After all, it's his senbon that saved his life on many occasions. "Genma, I have to go now. I want to see Shikamaru and my dad before I take the test." (Y/N) informed her boyfriend.

"Alright, tell Shikamaru I said hey." He said as his girlfriend walked out the door. Before the door closed, she nodded and smiled. (Y/N) loved that Genma and Shikamaru had a brotherly relationship. Even though Shikamaru was only a Chunin, he would often remind Genma that he'd do anything for his older sister.

She jumped from building to building and stopped to look at the villagers of the Leaf. She stared at the non-ninja women her age that were already married and expecting. "I wonder what it's like to be in their shoes.." she whispered to herself and tried to imagine a non-ninja life. She heard a small chuckle from behind her. "The life of a housewife just doesn't suit you." A kind voice stated.

(Y/N) turned around and smiled at her brother. "Just the squirt I wanted to see!" She beamed happily and embraced her brother in a hug. He hugged her back and pulled away. "What brings you here? Did Genma do something? If he did, I'll take care of him." Shikamaru said with an evil grin. (Y/N) giggled at her little brother's protective behaviour. "No, silly. I wanted to see you and dad before I take the test. You're so cute you actually care about me~" (Y/N) cooed and pinched her brother's left cheek.

After she let go, he rubbed his cheek that was red. "Knock it off, troublesome woman. Of course I'm supposed to care, you're my older sister." Shikamaru said while blushing with embarrassment. (Y/N) smiled and looked at the clouds. "The clouds are beautiful today. Where's dad? Is he home? I need his advice." (Y/N) asked and whispered the last part of her sentence.

"You need dad's advice? You.. (Y/N) Nara, asking for dad's advice. I never thought I'd see the day." Shikamaru snickered with satisfaction. "Troublesome boy. I hope that little Sand kunoichi kicks your ass again." She insulted. "She didn't beat me, I gave up. Remember? Besides, you shouldn't be talking because dad told me you did the same thing when you took the Exams when you were my age." Shikamaru retorted.