Neji x Reader Pt.2

Neji's P.O.V.
A year ago, today, (Y/N) returned to the Leaf Village. For the last eleven months, we hung out almost every day. It became a natural part of my routine, unless we had separate missions to complete. When that happened, I would always stay up late just to see her return with an exhausted smile. Every time she returns, I'm greatly relieved. I never want to lose her. She's the love of my life, but more importantly, my best friend.

It's strange how I became so close to someone in less than a year. I've known everyone a lot longer than her, but there's something about her that makes me trust her completely. She's different..in a good way. "Neji, is everything okay? You spaced out once I started talking about throwing (Y/N) a surprise party because she made Anbu." Naruto's voice interrupted my thoughts.

I blinked and quickly focused on what Naruto said. "Yes, I just started thinking about her. I think you should add dango to the snack list. She loves those." I informed. Naruto wrote it down and smirked at me. "You really love her, don't you~" Naruto sang and wiggled his eyebrows. I grit my teeth and shook my head. "I do not, she's my best friend you idiot." I said, defending myself. Although, I'm pretty sure I was blushing a little. "You know, she likes you too." Naruto stated casually.

I was tempted to ask him if it was the truth, but I would give myself away. "Whatever, let's get dango." I scoffed and walked into the dango shop. I ordered a decent amount and walked out with Naruto. "Are the girls getting everything ready? What about Shikamaru, is he planning something?" I asked. "Hinata, Tenten, Sakura, and Ino are decorating. Shikamaru ordered Temari to keep (Y/N) company because he knows (Y/N) is too nice to abandon a guest from another village. So, that buys us some time." Naruto answered.

That was a great plan indeed. "Excellent, I'll have to thank Shikamaru later. What else is on the menu?" I asked. Naruto read his and shrugged. "Nothing else I guess." Naruto answered. "It's getting late, I hope everything is ready. In about ten minutes, create a shadow clone and tell Shikamaru to get (Y/N) and Temari." I ordered. Naruto nodded and stated that he understood. I ran to her apartment and started to get everyone and everything ready. If Naruto followed my instructions, (Y/N) should be arriving in fifteen minutes. It's been ten minutes and everything is ready. I activated my Byakugan and spotted (Y/N) walking to the front door.

Your P.O.V.
I'm not gonna lie, Temari is pretty cool. She's smart and very sarcastic like Shikamaru. No wonder why he's in love with her, even if he won't admit it. "So, are you and Shikamaru a thing?" I asked with an innocent smile. "N-No! What makes you think that?" Temari blushed and exclaimed. I giggled at her attempt to hide her feelings. "Well, I know he's your escort around the village, but he's never been this friendly with a girl." I informed as I watched her face turn into a deeper shade of red.

"W-What do you mean?" Temari asked, immediately regretting the decision. She gave herself away. "Well, he talks to you differently than the women in the Leaf Village. Don't get me wrong, he and I exchange smart remarks, but it's different with you and him. You like him don't you? Don't worry, I won't tell a soul." I chirped. She coughed awkwardly and rubbed the back of her neck. "Y-Yes. I do. A lot actually." she admitted. "Just cute." I giggled.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear. I swiftly jumped off of the ground and landed on a building. I lunged to the side and dodged all the shadows that were trying to catch me. Slow as always. I smirked and landed on the ground. Shikamaru stepped out of his hiding place and grinned at me. "Shikamaru, no matter how hard you try, you won't be able to catch me." I said and stuck my tongue out at him, mockingly. "Heh. One day. For now, go get your coat and change your clothes. Ino is throwing a party and we're invited." Shikamaru informed me. "Really? If you want, we can meet back here. I'll go home and change, then we can go to Ino's and pick up Neji on the way." I happily stated and ran home. As I walked to my porch, I can't help, but to think something was odd. I shrugged it off and opened the door.

"Surprise!!" various voice shouted in unison. I quickly got into a defensive stance and threw shuriken at the intruders. I flipped the light switch on, to see my friends..startled by my attack. Neji was holding the shuriken I throw towards him, he had his Byakugan activated. "I believe this is yours." Neji stated and tossed my shuriken to me. I sheepishly grinned at everyone and apologized. After that, the party got started and we all had a good time, even Sasuke started to socialize a little. Everything was great, but people started to go home early which left Neji and I alone.

I smiled and hugged Neji. "Was this your idea?" I asked. "No, I had a different plan, but Naruto and everyone took over." Neji stated with a sheepish smile. "It's the thought that counts." I chirped and left to go change into my pajamas. Neji waited in my living room and sat on the couch.

Neji's P.O.V.
I have to tell her tonight. It's not healthy for me to bottle up my feelings like they don't mean anything. Besides, I must tell her..because life is truly too short. She's an Anbu member now, at any moment..she must complete her missions no matter how difficult. These aren't ordinary missions too. "Do you want to talk about it?" (Y/N)'s soft voice asked. She kneeled in front of me and took my hands into hers. "Neji, I know there's something that's bothering you. You can tell me, I don't like seeing you like this." she said.

My heart started to beat faster than normal. It's now or never. "(Y/N), we've been friends for..a year now. These last twelve months has been the best time of my life and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Sadly, I can't continue on like this. (Y/N), I love you. I love the way your hair won't cooperate with you, but it always looks perfect. I love the way you appreciate all the little things people do for you. I love the way you're always determined to complete a mission, no matter how difficult the situation gets. My heart shatters every time I come home from a mission, because you're always there..waiting for me. Terrified that I wouldn't return." I paused and chuckled.

"Sometimes, I wonder if you completely lost your mind. After you lost your brother, I promised that I wasn't going to leave you..no matter what and I don't plan to anytime soon. Call me crazy and naïve, but I love you and I'll protect you no matter what. If you don't return my feelings, that's perfectly fine because I'll still be your best friend." I finished, I looked into her eyes with a serious face.

They started to water and her lips quivered. "Neji, I love you too." she confessed and wrapped her arms around me. She cried into my shoulder and smiled. "I never thought you'd ever like me back." she whispered and wiped away her tears. "So, will you be my girlfriend?" I asked, she nodded. "A million times, yes." she answered and kissed my cheek. I smiled and kissed her lips. "I love you, never forget that". "I love you too, Neji."

[A/N]: Sorry this took so long, I had no clue how to end this. I will be updating soon, so sorry to keep you waiting. Thank you for the reads and votes! ❤ School has been keeping me busy at the moment, but I will do my best to update as soon as I can. 💖