Shisui x Reader (AU)

*Let's pretend Shisui is a year older than everyone*

Your P.O.V.
"Thanks for joining me, I really appreciate it." I smiled at Temari, who was looking at the dresses on display. "No problem (Y/N)." she replied and smiled at me. She's so cool, I'm sure Shikamaru loves her. I looked around the store and grabbed a beautiful white dress that would look gorgeous on Temari. "Here, try this on!" I excitedly said and handed her the dress. Her face turned pink and she tried to protest. "Come on, you'll look great for Shikamaru~" I said and watched her face turn red.

She regained her composure and tried not to smile. "I'll try it on and it's not because of Shikamaru." she whispered through gritted teeth. It was easy to see that she cared about what Shikamaru would think. "Tell me when you're done. I'm gonna look around for a bit." I informed her and started to look at other dresses. I found one that looked very similar to a dress I had worn a few years ago, to Sakura's party. I blushed as I thought about Shisui and how he danced with me after Itachi ditched me for Izumi.

After that night, Shisui spent a lot of time with me. He took me to places I've never been before. "Hey, are you okay?" Temari asked, waving her hand in front of my face. I snapped out of my thoughts and smiled sheepishly. "Yes, I'm sorry. I just started thinking about something." I said, with a slight blush. "Or someone~" Temari smirked.

I shook my head. "N-No!" I stuttered. "You're lying." Temari stated, smirking. "Who's the guy?" Temari asked with a smile. "I'm pretty sure you don't know him, but his name is Shisui Uchiha.." I admitted with a blush. "That's cute. You gonna tell him?" Temari asked. "I can't possibly. He's too good for me.." I replied with a whisper. We walked out of the store and headed towards Ichiraku.

"Have some faith in yourself, you're beautiful. Any guy would be lucky to have you as a girlfriend." Temari encouraged me. "Thanks Temari, I think you should tell Shikamaru how you feel. He doesn't like anyone in the village. We're too much of a 'drag' for him." I giggled. Suddenly, two strong arms pulled me back. "There you are! I was looking everywhere for you." Shisui said. My face turned red once I realized how close we were.

"Sh-Shisui! Hey, what's up?" I asked, trying to act casual, but miserably failing. "Nothing, just spent the last hour looking for the birthday girl." Shisui answered. "You didn't tell me today was your birthday." Temari said, crossing her arms. The look on her face made me shudder in fear. "My birthday isn't really a big deal. I never celebrate or make a fuss about it." I sheepishly explained.

Shisui's P.O.V.
The Sand kunoichi smirked at (Y/N). "Well, since it's your birthday, I'll leave you alone with your friend here. I'm going to get Shikamaru and discuss something with him. See you later." she said and walked away. (Y/N) blushed and tried to stop the Sand kunoichi from leaving. "Okay, birthday girl. We're going on a little trip." I informed her and carried her bridal style. "Shisui! Put me down!" (Y/N) ordered, her face was as red as a tomato. "No can do." I grinned, making her face turn even more red.

"Fine, but could you at least tell me where we're going?" she asked, wrapping her arms around my neck. She's afraid of falling. "We're going to the first place we met." I smiled, remembering that crazy day. "That was the most embarrassing moment of my life." she admitted with a blush. I chuckled and shook my head. As we approached the huge sakura tree, I started to think about the worse that could happen. Will she reject me? No. I could tell that she has feelings for me, deep down inside of her.

I used my chakra to walk up the tree and we sat on the highest branch. (Y/N)'s eyes lit up when she seen how beautiful the moon appeared tonight. "It's so pretty, don't you think?" she asked with a smile that could light up the darkest of days. "Sure." I awkwardly replied. It's now or never. I cleared my throat and caught her attention. "(Y/N), I have something to tell you.." I said, curiousity was swimming in her pretty (E/C) eyes. "What is it Shisui?" she asked with a hint of worry in her voice.

"(Y/N), I love you. You may call me crazy, but I really do. I love everything about you. I love the fact that you're not afraid to be yourself. You can eat like Choji and have no shame and you don't care about pleasing anyone. I love how you never give up, even on the verge of death. I love how you motivate me to be a stronger person. I'm not romantic or incredibly handsome. If you give me a chance, I'll treat you right and I'll love you everyday. So, (Y/N), will you be my girlfriend?" I confessed, she looked at me with tears in her eyes.

Your P.O.V.
Shisui loves me. That look in his eyes..he's being completely serious. His beautiful onyx eyes were filled with hope. My heart fluttered at the fact that he meant every single word he had just said. This was a dream come true. The person I fell in love with, loves everything about me. My flaws included. Tears threatened to fall from my eyes. "Shisui, I'd love to." I answered. A tear rolled down my cheek and he wiped it away. He had a huge smile on his face and kissed my forehead.

"Best birthday ever." I whispered with a small giggle. I leaned closer to Shisui and he held me close. We stared at the stars and he showed me all kinds of constellations. When I was young, I would throw the word 'love' around a lot. Saying it to Shisui felt so right. It actually is love and I mean it. "I love you Shisui." I stated and kissed his cheek. "I love you more." Shisui replied and kissed my forehead. With that, I knew for sure that I don't want anyone else to hold me like this. I want this to last forever. Little did I know, that Shisui was thinking the same.