Kiba x Reader

Your P.O.V.
"(Y/N), we found a husband for you. He's great, he's your age, and it'll unite the families once and for all." My father announced. I stared at him with disbelief and silently pleaded for my mother to tell me it wasn't true. The look in her eyes said otherwise. Tears flooded my eyes and I shook my head. "I don't want to marry him." I said. Father sighed, trying to contain his anger. "You don't have a choice, as the only daughter I have, you must do this for our family. That's final!" he sternly stated. Instead of arguing, I excused myself from the room. Immediately, I searched for Kiba. Months ago, he was hired to protect me. Now, he's my boyfriend. Mother knew, but father didn't. I didn't want him to have Kiba fired and punished.

I found Kiba by the river and approached him. "I heard about your father's decision. I'm not mad at you, I'm just kind of bummed out. I didn't expect the mission to last this long and I didn't expect to fall in love. I don't want you to get in trouble, so I'm putting an end to this. I love you, I care about you, but I won't let you disappoint your family." Kiba said. I couldn't stop the tears from falling, it felt like my heart was ripped apart. "I'll always love you, Kiba." I managed to confess through the sobs. He smiled sadly and held my hand. He pulled me closer and held me as I cried. This was so unfair. "Live your life, find happiness within this engagement." he whispered before placing a kiss to my forehead. He pulled away and was gone. I fell to my knees and struggled to wipe the tears away. My body was shaking with anger. Eventually I settled down and listened to the river. I grew tired and walked back to the house. I wanted nothing more than to stay in bed. My eyes grew heavy and I started drifting off into a deep sleep.

A faint knock at my door woke me up. My mother entered my room and sadly smiled at me. Instead of chasing me out of bed, she joined me and comforted me. She softly ran her fingers through my hair and mentioned how the vegetables in the garden are flourishing. I closed my eyes and sighed. "Why does it hurt so much? I wish I could forget." I said before sobbing again. My father's voice echoed throughout the house. "Welcome!" I heard him say. My stomach churned. The engagement is really happening. Then there was a knock at my door. "Miss (Y/N), your father wants you to join him in the dining room" Kiba informed. The hurt in his voice made me cry once more. Mother helped me get dressed and look appropriate for this meeting.

Stepping out of my room, I locked eyes with Kiba who was waiting for me. He quickly diverted his attention to the paintings in the hallway. Mother walked ahead of us, leaving us alone. Kiba cleared his throat and slowly followed her. I walked beside him. The silence was killing me. I couldn't find the right words to say. I wasn't sure if we should even be around each other. "(Y/N)! Come greet our guests!" my father exclaimed. I took one last glance at Kiba. His jaw was clenched, he looked out the window. His eyes were filled with regret, but it was too late now. I stopped myself from crying and wore a fake smile for our guests. For the rest of the day, I pretended Kiba wasn't there.

Kiba's P.O.V.
Life is unfair. Watching (Y/N) walk around with a fake smile made me angry. She isn't happy. When she gets married, her happiness won't be real. She'll fake it for the rest of her days. I wanted to say something to her, but I couldn't think of anything. She's been crying. I wanted to comfort her, but that will only make it worse. She looked beautiful today. She went to sleep early tonight. It's time to start my patrols. Walking around the home, I watched (Y/N)'s fiance send a letter. My eyes widened at the words he whispered. He had a family. He was also unhappy with the arrangement.

"Oh! I didn't realize someone would be here. I understand that what you heard sounds bad. Please don't tell (Y/N). I don't want to hurt her." he admitted. "If you're unhappy and you already have a family, you should take care of them instead. I promise you that (Y/N) isn't happy either." I revealed. The man's face lit up with joy. "I'll tell my family that the engagement is off. I want to be with my son." he declared and proudly marched back into his room.

Well, at least now she doesn't have to marry someone she doesn't want to. I smiled fondly at the memories of our first interaction. She was curious as to why I have red marks on my face. I mistook her curiosity for judgement. That's when we argued until she apologized for not asking in a better way. She revealed that she didn't have any friends that were able to come over. All of them were married off. Over the last few months, we grew close. That's when I asked her to be my girlfriend. She agreed. We discussed what would happen if I were to leave. She didn't give me a direct answer. Oh well, it's time for bed.

Your P.O.V.
"I'm sorry, Mr. (L/N). I can't marry your daughter. I have a family, I'm not leaving them behind. My father's wealth, his company, it means nothing to me. This marriage was supposed to help him." The man stated. I smiled widely at his words. My father sighed, upset that the engagement failed. The man left with his servants. The rest of the day consisted of silence and worry. Who was to marry me now? All the good boys are taken. I didn't want to marry someone. I need to speak up for myself. I hesitantly sat in front of my father, I bowed respectfully.

"I think it's time for me to tell the truth. I'm in love with Kiba. I want to be with him. But it cannot happen unless you let me leave. I'm not happy when you make plans for me. I want to be my own person and make my own decisions. You can disown me, but I just want to have freedom." I stated. My father smiled and agreed to let me go. He assured me that I would be getting a monthly allowance until I turn thirty. I excitedly got all of my belongings together. Kiba and I can be closer, we can build together. Kiba excitedly approached me after receiving my dad's blessing. "This is really happening (Y/N), I promise you're going to love the Leaf Village! We'll come back here every week, it's not too far of a trip." Kiba assures my parents. They smiled.

My mother helped me pack the rest of my things and held me tightly. "I promise I'll write to you every day." I stated. After she let go, I hugged my dad. "Thank you for letting me do this. I will make you proud" I declared. After we loaded our belongings into the cart, we said our final goodbyes. Kiba grabbed my hand and led the way. He started to tell me all about the Leaf Village and how he's going to introduce me to all of his friends. The enthusiasm in his voice made my heart flutter. He kissed me on the cheek and hugged me. "I'm so happy you decided to come with me. I swear you won't regret it." he promised. "I love you Kiba" "I love you too".

[A/N]: I'm sorry this was kind of dumb and short. I hope you enjoyed it tho :)