Sasuke x Reader Pt.2

A year later

(Y/N) jumped through the trees and landed softly on a branch. She held her breath and spied the enemy a few feet away. The man was twice her size and carried a young girl in his arms. The girl was the heiress of the Luna clan, she would receive her father's wealth after his passing. She was a source of money for the rogue ninjas. This was an A-class mission, due to the fact that they severely injured every ninja that was sent their way. (Y/N) volunteered for the mission, she was enthusiastic about being a kunoichi again. She took a deep breath and came up with a quick strategy that was her favorite method of interacting with the enemies.

First, she would start with a genjutsu approach. Typically, it worked, but the enemy broke out of it. He still didn't know where she was hiding. He set the girl down and began to chant a jutsu. Now she understood why the others were injured. The jutsu is supposed to use strong winds to draw her to him, but it didn't work. She wasn't in Anbu for no reason. It was obvious he was a Wind user, but that proved to be a problem for her. Fire and water were her strengths. She decided to risk it and go with Taijutsu. She attacked from below and caught him off guard. He quickly regained his focus and began to defend himself. He was strong, but speed was his weakness.

In a matter of fifteen minutes, the enemy was defeated and the girl was in (Y/N)'s arms. Later that day, the girl was returned home and she was happy to be back with her family. The Leaf Village was two days away, so (Y/N) decided to spend the night at a motel. A cozy, affordable one.

Your P.O.V.
After nearly two weeks of tracking the ninja and completing the mission, it felt good to take a shower. It was satisfying enough to make me feel exhausted. My eyelids started to feel heavy. I plopped down on the bed and almost drifted to sleep. I sensed another person in the room. I considered letting them kill me, because I was too tired to deal with it. I groaned and threw a kunai towards the window. I glared at the figure that held the kunai in his hands. "Don't go crawling through people's windows. Be normal and use the door!" I growled in annoyance. "You wouldn't have gotten up to let me in." Sasuke stated. He wasn't wrong. I groaned and fell onto the bed again. "I hate you." I said. I yawned stretched my limbs.

Sasuke lied down beside me, I rolled over to snuggle against him. "How long have you been following me?" I asked, suppressing a yawn. He pulled me closer to him. Did he? I gasped in surprise and stared at his body. He actually did it. "I thought you said you wouldn't do it" I said with a smile. "I decided to do it, because I want to help." he stated and avoided eye contact. As if he was the most fragile being in the universe, I gently touched his arm..his new arm. Sasuke could handle having one arm, it was no big deal to him, but things started to change with our relationship. People started to question how he's going to help me raise a child.

We never discussed that chapter of our lives yet. Hell, we weren't even married. I could tell these things began to worry him. I didn't care about how perfect things 'need' to be. I was just excited about spending the rest of my life with him. "Is there something wrong? It's not too late to remove it, if you don't like it." he informed me quietly. I crossed my arms and looked him in the eye. "Sasuke Uchiha, does it make you happy?" The seriousness in my voice demanded an honest answer. Sasuke nodded and began to move it around again. "It's been challenging adapting to it, but I'm doing okay. I'm learning how to use it in close combat." he smiled sheepishly.

Without a warning, he pulled me back into his arms. "Get some rest, you're always complaining about how you don't get enough sleep." I groaned and rested forehead against his chest. "I don't want to sleep." I tried to argue, but I couldn't stop the yawn that escaped my lips. He chuckled, obviously amused. He lightly kissed my lips and pulled the covers over me. "I'm not leaving, I'll accompany you on the way home." he informed me, it was like he was reading my mind. There were times when I wish he would stay around and be with me, but he has his own thing to do, just like me. "Stop over thinking and sleep" he said. I snuggled closer to him. "I love you." I said. "I love you too", he stated. After that, I drifted off to sleep.