Neji x Reader Pt. 1

"You thought you could challenge me and win? Foolish girl. You're from the (L/N) clan, the weakest in Konoha. You were destined to fail from the beginning." Neji harshly insulted the girl that lied on the ground in front of him. His pale lavender eyes looked at her with disapproval. "Shut up. Just because you're a Hyuga, doesn't mean you're better than me. You've been a Genin for a year, I barely graduated from the Academy. When I'm fifteen, I'll show you who was destined to fail. I promise." The girl managed to say with a smirk.

"We'll see about that, (L/N)." He spat and walked away from his defeated opponent. "My name (Y/N)." The girl stated, before Neji went too far. "Neji Hyuga." He replied and continued to walk away. Once he was out of sight, (Y/N) picked herself up and gritted her teeth. Her body ached with pain due to her chakra points being hit.

She managed to walk back to the (L/N) compound, where her family was discussing important matters. Suddenly, her cousin rushed up to her and pulled her inside a nearby room. "(Y/N)!? Did you hear!?! They're sending three of us away to train somewhere outside of the Leaf village!" Her cousin explained with excitement.

"What?! Why?" She asked with worry. "We have distant relatives that are amazing shinobi, we can learn something from them." Her cousin answered. Suddenly, the door opened and there stood her father. "(Y/N), you're going somewhere to train and become a great kunoichi. Are you okay with that? I'm sending your cousins with you." Her father stated. "Yes, I understand." (Y/N) replied and bowed. "Good, you leave tonight."

~~~~~~~~~~~~Timeskip~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your P.O.V.
"So, we're finally returning to the Leaf, huh? Seems fun. I wonder if everything is the same.." Yukio said. I glanced at my older brother and smiled. "You're just wondering about that little Sakura girl, huh?" I teased. Yukio blushed and rubbed his arm. "I'm not, I'm just wondering if things changed because of the new Hokage." Yukio mumbled.

Misaki beamed happily and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "Do you think Kiba changed? Oh I can't wait to see him! Three years of being away from my crush really sucks, you know." She giggled. I smiled at her excitement. Throughout these years, Misaki took on a womanly figure and she was so beautiful. Kiba would be foolish to turn her down.

"Heh. How about you sis? Who are you excited to see after so long?" Yukio asked while grinning like a mad man. "No one." I lied. "Come on, tell me~" Yukio cooed while wiggling his eyebrows. "Fine, I can't wait to see Neji..Hyuga." I admitted. "Wait, the Hyuga!? Why?" Misaki questioned. "Well, I want a rematch with him." I answered.

They nodded, understanding my reasoning. "Look! I can see the gates!" Yukio exclaimed happily. "What if no one remembers us?" I asked, a little bit worried. "Heh. That sounds like a you problem. Everyone knows the oh so handsome Yukio, Sakura will surely remember me." Yukio grinned.

"Pfft whatever. Let's just go." I said while sticking my tongue out at him. Once we got to the gates, we showed them our headbands and informed them that we were returning after three years. They let us in and we reported to the new Hokage, who was a bit annoyed, in my opinion. Apparently, she was The Third Hokage's student along with Orochimaru and Jiraiya.

We decided to meet our family, but Sakura crossed our path and invited us to Ichiraku. Of course, Yukio couldn't resist and dragged Misaki and I along with him. At Ichiraku, everyone we knew and grew up with were there. "Hey (Y/N)! You're looking so youthful after all these years!" A loud voice shouted. I looked to the right to see, the one and only, Rock Lee.

"Lee! Oh my gosh, I've missed you so much!" I said and tackled him in a hug. "Lee, stop fooling around. We must train instead of flirting." An annoyed voice stated. I got up and dusted myself off and helped Lee off the ground. "I'm so sorry Lee, I got you in trouble." I apologized and bowed. "No worries (Y/N)! I will hang out with you later. I promise!" Lee said, giving me his signature smile and thumbs up.

Neji's P.O.V.
This girl looks awfully familiar. Do I know her? She hasn't acknowledged my presence yet. Suddenly, her (E/C) eyes met mine and they widened with realization. "Neji Hyuga?" She whispered. "(Y/N) (L/N).." I said. She blushed and smiled. "It's been a while." She stated and chuckled.

"It has. I'm sorry about last time." I sheepishly apologized. "It's okay. I was wondering if we could have a rematch sometime? I know it's sudden and it's weird, but..I vowed to beat you someday." She asked, avoiding my gaze. "Are you available tomorrow evening?" I questioned, she nodded and smiled. "Tomorrow it is." I stated and walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~Tomorrow~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your P.O.V.
Neji improved in skills, but I was better. I carefully watched his every move and figured out a strategy that brought the Hyuga to his knees. When he hung his head in defeat, I felt happy. Even though he's changed since the last time I seen him, I was happy I beat the Neji Hyuga. "People have the ability to change their destiny and fate. That's what I proved today." I smiled and grabbed Neji's hand.

I helped him up and grinned. "Hey, wanna hang out? I'm kinda bored. Maybe you could fill me in on stuff that happened when I was gone." I suggested. "Very well. We can walk around the village and I'll tell you anything you want to know." Neji replied with a small smile. I blushed, but quickly looked away to hide it. How is someone that freaking attractive?!

"Shall we go?" Neji asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Sorry, I kinda spaced out for a second." I sheepishly apologized and started to walk by his side. "Why did you leave the Leaf Village?" He asked, out of the blue. "I wanted to get stronger in order to prove an arrogant boy wrong." I chirped with a huge grin on my face. "You could've beaten me, but you fell from the tree and I saw the chance to hit all of your chakra points." Neji mumbled.

"Man, I wish we were here during the Chunin Exams. However, that would've been weird, considering we were already Chunin by then." I stated. "You became a Chunin that quickly?" Neji asked, surprise written all over his face. "Yes, by then we developed new jutsu and we didn't have to take the Chunin Exams." I explained.

"Impressive. Are you going to become a Jonin soon?" Neji asked, I shook my head. "Maybe in a few months, but not now." I replied. Suddenly, a cat ran between my legs and a dog chased after it, causing me to fall. Neji tried to grab my hand, but he fell too.

"Ouch!" I hissed when I landed. I felt weight on my body. That's when I realized Neji fell on top of me. "N-Neji. Are you okay?" I asked, embarrassed. He slowly lifted himself up and hovered over me. "I'm fine, are you okay? I landed on you." Neji asked.

"See? I was right! Pay up Tenten." A loud voice stated with satisfaction. "Ugh, be quiet Lee." A disappointed voice grumbled. Neji and I looked up to see Lee and Tenten smirking down at us. "Come on guys, not in public." Tenten teased. Neji blushed and quickly stood up. I jumped up and rubbed the back of my neck. "It's not what it looks like, a dog tripped me and Neji tried to catch me an-" "(Y/N), you don't have to be embarrassed. Tenten and I will keep this a secret." Lee interrupted and flashed me a smile.

"Well, see you two lovebirds later~" Tenten cooed before dragging Lee away. Neji pinched the bridge of his nose and shook his head. "Sorry about that. They are such idiots." He whispered and looked at me. "That's okay, it's no big deal. Um..wanna go to Ichiraku?" I asked with a hopeful smile. "Yes, I'll pay." Neji replied and started to lead the way. Yup, I'm in love with a Hyuga.