6) The Chocolate Coin

I sit on the sofa next to Tyler, who was flipping through a magic magazine. My body was raged with boredom and my mind was raged with thoughts.

Ryan wasn't here. He went to the skate park with one of the kids, Harry. I have met most of them now, except Bailey who is at football camp, and Ryan in a way because we hadn't talked after yesterday.

And obviously, I am not exactly going to be thrilled about it.

"Hey Margo," I hear a voice from behind me. I turned around to see a rosy cheeked girl wearing white and red pyjamas with her blonde locks scraped backed to a ponytail.

"Yes Tee." I grunted, looking back at Tyler's magazine.

"So about earlier...I'm sorry about what I said. I can get protective over my art, and it's always been my thing. I never wanted anyone taking it away from me, and when you come here acting like you're the expert, I overreacted," she stuttered, "and I really hope you can forgive me, move on and be friends?"

I decide to stand up from my seat, angling myself to face her.

"Which one do you want, the truth or the lie?" I proposed, crossing my arms.

"The truth," she nods reluctantly.

I glance at Tyler, who was now placed behind me. He shrugging staring back at me curiously, wondering what I was going to say.

"Honestly, I forgive you. But friends, I think that's a bit too far," I say looking into her copper eyes, as they slowly become full with confusion, "we have different interests. I just don't see myself with someone like you."

"But...you barely know me. And you already seem to like art, and as I said, art is my thing." Tee retorts as she starts to raise her voice again.

"Do you we have to go through the pink tree thing again?" I whine, rolling my eyes, "anyway I am more into sculptures, photographs, stuff like that."

"How about makeup?" Tee urges, "Your eyeliner looks pretty cool."

"And you're willing to replace turquoise liner with pink eyeshadow?" I retort, "Admit it, there is a thing called styles, and ours defiantly don't match."

"We met a few hours ago. Most first judgements are wrong," she continues, proving I am not getting out of here anytime soon.

"But some are. And with me, most of the time they are right."

"Are you kidding? Can't you give me a chance?" she pleaded once again. I scanned her willing face. Sometimes, I would wish I was someone like her. When my life changes, I would still be able to think about flowers, make up and other things girls adore, just being happy that I am who I am. Even if my life changes, I wouldn't change myself.

I can only wish.

I leave the room, and Tyler follows me close behind.

"Are you ok?" he asked, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah." I muttered, "Can you leave me alone? Just for a few minutes. I just want to empty some of my thoughts, you know."

"Um...sure, if you want." he stammered awkwardly, "but there's one more thing."

I look up at his chocolate eyes.

"There is something there..." his hand reaches behind me ear, and he produces a chocolate coin in his hand, pressing it in my hand. I smile a little at him, genuinely, before he ran back into the living room.

Authors Note:

I'm really sorry that this chapter was short...mainly because this just a filler until the next one, which I promise will be much better.

Don't forget to comment and rate!

Love

K ;)