13) Bacon

I wake up, on the sofa, once again. As soon as Mike and May-lee found out about me hiding out in the attic, they have been keeping a closer eye on me; making sure I don't go back there.

Light streams through the window while the sun starts to rise. I still lay still, not wanting to move my tired body anytime soon.

And not wanting to go shopping with Jody and Tyler today.

It's not like I don't need to go shopping, especially since none of my clothes fit my style or size. Just the thought of being in one of those girly, Tumblr shops, freaks me out. As soon as you walk into the shop, a putrid aroma hits you of flowers and sweets. You then see the teenage girls running around literally picking out every single item of clothing, which I defiantly couldn't afford. And you can't forgot all the cheerful smiley a-bit-too-happy shopping assistants; they're the highlight. Badgering and commenting non-stop about your outfit and our style, acting like they care but once again they don't because it is their job.

But, sometimes, I do like shopping. Not in those kind of shops since I can't go anywhere near them. However, I like the shops that are dark and mysterious, filled with dark clothing and unique styles. The best thing about these kinds of shops is that hardly no one is in them, so I can take my own time picking what I like which reflects my personality.

It been a while since I have found another shop like that though. And it's been a while since I have found anything that reflects my personality.

I hear footsteps climbing down the stairs causing me too immediately to close my eyes. I knew it had to be one of the care workers, because they are always downstairs first in the mourning. That means there was a half chance its Mike.

I tried to avoid him for the whole evening yesterday after our conversation. I am not scared of him or anything, I just haven't thought of a suitable reason to tell him when it comes up. Because when he said think about it yesterday, the first thought that came up was No. No, No, No. And that's the only thing that has come into my head every time I think about it.

He couldn't force me couldn't he? I mean, it's my own business and he can't suddenly make me pour out my feelings to him. I have only known him for two days now, and the only impression I have of him is that he wants to do my social worker. And that's not a great start.

I sit up slowly, curious about who it could be. I raise my head up slightly, finding out it was only May-lee. I stand up from the sofa and walk up towards her, mumbling good mourning.

"Can you help fry the bacon? The rest of the kids will be down any minute?" she replies rushing into the kitchen.

"Great. Not only I have to sleep on the sofa but I am also on kitchen duty." I half joke as I follow close behind her.

"As I told you before, the repairs will be done in a week or two. You will just have to wait it out," she says, passing me a pan, "until then it would be helpful if..."

"It's fine. I was only joking." I smile, which obviously wasn't true.

"Thanks Margo," she says, placing three slices of toasts in the toaster.

I turn the cooker on and slowly heat the bacon. I haven't eaten bacon in....well in a long time. We normally ate takeaway at home, since it was the cheaper than eating fresh and I wasn't old enough to cook either. So to conclude, I was clueless what to do right now.

"Um...May-lee?" I call, but at that precise moment everyone started to flood into the kitchen, moaning about something I had no idea about. I look back at the bacon. What was I going to do?

I finally decided I would try a technique on one bacon, and hopefully if it went well I could try it to all of them. I add some oil into the pan, waiting for it turn a brown colour I guess?

I wait a few a seconds, and it turns a golden colour. That was faster than I thought. I carefully place it onto a plate, trying not to burn myself.

I was about to taste some, when I was interrupted.

"Finally, the masterpiece is ready!" Bailey exclaims. I met him yesterday when he got back from his football camp and immediately spotted his fatal flaw; arrogance.

"Bailey..." I say, trying to stop him, but it's too late. He takes a bite into the piece of meat, and then immediately spits it out.

"That...is..." he starts gagging but runs off to the toilet before finishing, Mike running off after him.

May-lee turns to me, looks at the hob, then back at me.

"Margo...the hobs on too high," she says, turning it down, "and you don't need oil, there is enough fat already."

I look up at her. I could tell her how it was like living at home, and that we could never afford enough money for something like this. But if I spill a bit out, the rest will come pouring. She will start asking other questions like why and when. And I was not going to let that happen/

"Food tech isn't my strong point," I shrug, walking towards the kitchen table.

"Margo I wasn't finished with you," she shouts, but I don't turn round and carry on walking.

A/N

Another filler chapter :/

I am so happy on how far this book has come. Because first of all, I thought I would only write 4 or 5 chapters before giving up on the story line, and second is I never thought I would get over 1.5k reads or 175 votes in this amount of time.

I am truly grateful that all of you are reading this right now, even if you haven't voted or commented because you have really pushed me to carry on!

Hope you are all like the story line so far ;)

Remember to vote and comment

Love

K xx