16) Harley Quinn

I could sugar coat this and say the shops in town were ok.

But they weren't.

All the clothes shops I could see were either charity shops – which most of its clothes sections looked like it belonged to a pregnant mother with four kids – or the type of shops that were made for Carmen or Tee, filled with miniskirts and cropped tops. Looks like they are probably having the time of their lives.

Me, however, slightly different story. I gave up on even buying anything a good few hours ago, so I just started to wonder around aimlessly. Staring into pointless shop displays, wishing that I had chosen Tyler and Jody; at least the book shop would have done me some good.

But I didn't. Because I was scared.

Scared of being hurt again.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

My stomach started to moan of starvation. Great, I was hungry as well.

I looked around for any sign of a restaurant or a café, but it looked like I was nearing the bad side of town, and the only restaurants that were available were the type where you would end up with food poisoning.

I knew it would take a very long walk to get back and I could feel the blisters forming on my feet. Bus was no option.

I should have avoided going into town. I should have avoided making 'friends'. I should have never gone into care.

But I was expecting this wasn't I?

Is this really better than the situation I was in before?

Closing my eyes, I rub my forehead with my hand, trying to curse those thoughts out of me.

I open my eyes and then I saw it.

The shop's walls were covered in black, with a few golden specks and silver studs. The name was lighten up with LED lights, and the display was full of silver studs and black roses.

Enigmatic. Not a bad name either.

I walked into the charismatic building, welcomed by the dim lighting. The décor was actually quite cool, a laid back aroma with a twist of rock god. The items in there were striking and definitely not something Tee or Carmen would wear.

I guess I'm staying here then.

______________________________________________________________________________

It's been an hour. And it is safe to say that I am spending all my cash here.

I heaved the bag of clothes I was willing to buy out of the dressing room and onto the counter. I had only spotted one worker here as she was hanging new clothes onto the racks. She smiled at me politely, before carrying on. Good, I had thought to myself, I preferred if she didn't say anything and let me show myself around.

But I was pretty sure she wasn't a cashier.

I waited for a few minutes, hoping that someone will come out soon. I started to tap the table with my nails with annoyance. No one replied.

Another few minutes pass.

No one. The worker was nowhere to be seen now. Just me.

"Hello?" I shout impatiently. No reply.

I knew they were open, then why would they have a worker here.

I could leave the money here I guess.

Rolling my eyes, I was about the place my five ten pound notes on the counter when I heard it.

The gunshot cracked into the air as loud as thunder but without the raw power of a storm. I heard it before but it still came to me with pure shock.

I was useless without a weapon.

I had to run. I felt the adrenaline pumping through my legs as I was about to run for it.

"Hold up," a female voice screamed maniacally from behind me. It was one that I recognised, which immediately calmed me down, but caused another emotion to bubble up.

"They don't love you like I love you," she screams again before laughing hysterically.

I turn around to see the eighteen year old standing on top of the counter now. Her hair was still platinum blonde with her ends dip dyed blue and red, but now when I see it, it has turned kind of grey. She was wearing a faded jock shirt and sequin shorts, which didn't surprise me, because it was the only outfit I remember her wearing. She was still holding the gun, but it was facing her now, pretending it was microphone.

"Hello Abigail," I say in a serene tone, trying not to show any of the hatred, anger or confusion.

"Who's that?" she whispers, turning her head to one side, "Whose Abigail?"

"Quit with the games." I sigh, "You know you're not child anymore."

"Wow you remember that I'm eighteen?" she says smirking. I know what she was doing. She was just trying to make me feel guilty, she just wants me to come back.

"Aw don't be upset," she continues, jumping of the counter, "we know that you miss us."

"Miss you?" I laugh coldly, "Miss you lot?"

"That's not very nice," she says, walking towards me, "if anything you should say sorry."

I keep quiet. She is trying to manipulate me, trying to brainwash me. The scary thing she is good at it. I know she is.

"Raven's upset. She thought that we meant more to you," she says, "even Wilder."

Wilder. Just hearing his name made me stir up. I looked down at my feet, I remember everything that had happened the last time I saw him.

"All you have to say is you want us back."

By now she is right next to me, only one centimetre apart. I could hear her cool breathe on me, smelling the cigarettes she used always smoked. I did not want to look up at her. She was trying to break me down, and I wasn't going to let her win.

A minute went past. I didn't reply. Pure silence.

She suddenly started screaming, piercing the air. I wanted to cover my ears. I wanted to flinch. But I couldn't. She wanted attention.

Then I heard the gunshot once again.

I should have run. But I didn't. I knew she wouldn't hurt me, she wouldn't risk it.

I waited. That's what I did. She screamed, cried and shot the walls continuously. When she ran out of bullets, she pushed and shoved all of the racks until the whole shop was ruined. I knew she didn't care. She only cared if it was hers.

She started to calm down, her panting stopped. I waited.

"Sorry Harley Quinn," I say, looking up at her. She was sitting crossed legged on the counter, her red and blue makeup ruined, and staring straight at me.

I was about to pick up my bags with my clothes, which were surprisingly not knocked over, and leave.

"Someone is waiting," she says plainly, before walking out of the back door.

A/N

So I have woken up from the dead....:/

Sorry I haven't updated. No excuse except school I guess.

Also I'm sorry there is not much of the other characters in this chapter, but this is kind of important for furture chapters and stuff :)

And if you cant tell yet I am in love with Harley Quinn so I wanted a character like her in this book.

Hmm....what else.

Oh yh...HAPPY HALLOWEEN :)

Are you guys dressing up? If u are comment what u are going to be :)

I'm being (if you havent guessed yet) as Harley Quinn for my friend's party today.

Thats it I guess.

Vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter or not :)

Love

K

PS How do you think Margo knows Harley AKA Abigail?