8) Coffee

I look down at my bowl of cherrios, except I am probably feeling the absolute opposite. I rub my eyes, urges the sleepiness to pour out of me and to be fulfilled with energy. I don't know what time I fell asleep last night after being woken up by the creaking, but the last time I looked up at my laptop screen it was four-twenty three. And even after then, I couldn't stop shuffling and turning on the sofa wrapped in the blankets, finding myself hot then suddenly cold. Then when I was finally able to let my mind rest and eyes close, I felt Tyler poking my foot gently telling me it's time for breakfast.

"Are you feeling alright?" Mike questioned, placing his hand on my shoulder. I probably don't look it; my grey face was paler than it normally is, and my eyes were not shining black but dull with bags underneath them. My hair was tied up but a few strands were left out, even more than usual.

"Yeah I'm fine," I snap back, rubbing my head furiously with my hand. The whole room falls silent and I realise everyone was staring at me, "It's just that I didn't get much sleep last night. Maybe some coffee could help?" I continue, muttering this time.

"The kettle is over there. Help yourself." Mike shrugs as he walks away.

I yawn as I lift myself from the chair, scraping the floor at the same time. I walk slowly in small steps to the place that Mike had gestured to, with Tyler following me behind me, and he reaches for the mug in the cupboard.

"It's ok. The first night in care is always the worst," he mumbled, "but trust me, it gets better."

I laugh a little inside. They think it's my first time? I murmur thanks, whilst I turn the kettle on watching it heat up.

Saying it wasn't my first time would defiantly not along with my perfect girl act, but it would let the two guardian angels back off a bit. I mean there are upsides, Tee is backing off, but a major downside, they are extremely clingy. All they do this follow me round making sure I am happy, doing this and that for me, and I admit it was funny at first ordering them about, but know I just want to be alone to escape from the madness, and not only at night.

And, for all of this time I have been so used to being alone at looking out for only myself and nobody else. I could be in a room full of people or one that is empty, there wouldn't be much of a difference because I would still be crouched in the corner, swimming in my sea of thoughts.

Ping!

"Thanks for putting the kettle on," Ryan says from behind me, grabbing it before I could reach it, "heard you had a great night sleep yesterday," he adds, pouring the water into the mug with a teaspoon of coffee.

And in my sea of thoughts there was a crashing wave, which just happened to be the boy standing in front of me. But, as I said, he was messing with the wrong girl. I was about to speak when someone interrupted me.

"Give it back to her," Tyler spat from behind me, which shocked me because I didn't realise he was still there.

"And here's the prince charming to save the day," Ryan laughs coldly, "why don't you get the fairy godmother while you're at it," he says, glancing at Jody.

"She is obviously going through a rough time, and we are just here for her, like good friends," Tyler explains, trying to grab the coffee, but still misses, "unlike some people."

"Really? Have you thought that she isn't that weak inside? Maybe there is another side to her you have never seen. You have only known her for a day."

I didn't want any of this to start; I was way too tired for it anyway. I snatched the mug out of Ryan's hand when he was waiting for Tyler's reply, and quietly walked away from the both of them. I noticed I was starting to have a throbbing sensation at the corner of my left eyebrow, which meant I was on a verge of a headache. Great. I needed to get back to sleep.

"Hey. We got him good didn't we?" I hear Tyler's voice say from behind, which instantly made me roll my eyes.

"We?" I reply tiredly. Sighing, I turn around to see him standing there with a happy grin plastered on his face. A stupid happy grin, "you know that I can look after myself,"

"Yeah I know but..."

"But it's my first time," I finish him off. I was being too weak, and the throbbing sensation has grown bigger now, creating a piercing pain. I needed to get to bed.

"Can you just push off for a bit?" I say plainly, not even bothering to be nice.

"Ok." Tyler answers back confused. I don't look at him in the eye, but glare at the floor instead, making sure my bangs are hiding my face. He waits for a while, waiting for me to say something, something nice or funny. But we just stand there in complete silence, him staring at me, me staring at the floor. A few minutes later I hear his footsteps and I lift my head to see his afro hair disappearing back to the kitchen.

I smile to myself secretly, glad I could finally get some space to myself, wishing I had done that yesterday. But it quickly disappears when I see who was standing behind him. Ryan was leaning against the door smirking at Tyler as he walks past. He then turns his attention to me, and his smirk grows even more when he sees my eyes glaring at him. The boy walks towards the stairs, and stops right beside.

"Tell Rachel Bloom that she's got eleven hours to return my money," Ryan whispers into my ear, tapping his watch, showing it was currently seven o'clock, "and I think we both know what will happen if she doesn't."

My eyes glare into his, full of anger but at the same time glowing with malevolence

Anger because he had the nerve to threaten me, and malevolence because he won't know what will hit him.

A/N

First of all...I am really sorry I haven't been updating for while. Its just that I have been really busy with

a) The rush of going back to school and being dumped with revision *sighs*

b) I had just entered a bake off competition, and I was literally busy baking for the whole weekend. But the good thing is I came first!!!

And yes Finding Nemo is my favourite childhood movie!

Also, I would just like to say that there wouldn't be updates for while because I am probably going to be busy with summer exams (ughhrrrr). But hopefully after there will be regular updates as usual.

Remember to vote if you enjoyed and comment what you feel!

Love,

K