7) Threatening

"Margo, the spare blankets are in the attic." Mike shouts from his office, "3rd one on the left."

I nod in reply, as I go and venture for the blankets for my bed tonight.

I make my way up the stairs, glancing at all different rooms. They all had signs on their doors, indicating whose is whose. It was cute, in a soppy sad kind of way. The last one in the corridor was the only one that didn't have one of these. I turn the handle of the door slowly, revealing itself to be my future room.

At the moment it was an empty, hallow room with scraped wallpaper at the verge of ripping off. Under this layer was a dull sunny yellow wall fading with age, with cracks and small holes. The floor wasn't very sturdy either, and if I had stepped in I would have probably fell into the kitchen.

Yeah, I am not going to lie it looked like a pretty crap room. But it was still a room, which will soon belong to me, and that's all I needed.

"You're not meant to be in there," Jody exclaims from behind me, making me jump a little, "the damages haven't even started to be sorted out."

"I think that's pretty clear," I answer, scanning it one more time before closing it behind me.

"Where did you go?" the brown haired girl continued, "Tyler told me what happened,"

"Oh, just checking out the place," I respond bluntly. Really I was in the garden, on the same spot on the bench. I was surprised the two angels didn't come and check up on me, but then again it was raining at the time. It didn't want me to go back inside though, in a way it persuaded me to stay if anything. Even the weather can change, and you can't stop that. I discovered my black hair looked even better when it was wet; making it seem even darker, hopefully giving off the same about my personality.

"And the shower?" Jody adds pointing out my hair. Luckily, I had already changed for bed, so it seemed believable, "so it was you who spent so much time in there!

I chuckle a little bit, as she did. The only difference was that only her's was sincere.

"Do you want to come in my room for a bit?" Jody askes, gesturing her hand to it. Her door was slightly ajar so I could see the beige coloured walls and brown carpet. Well, when I said I could see the cream walls they were all covered with posters of rock bands. I was never into any kind of music, but the dark coloured clothes the singers were wearing did attract me.

"I would love to, but Mike said that I had to set up the sofa for tonight." I reply solemnly. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't intrigued by the posters, however it would be a waste of time.

"No worries," she shrugs, "I will come down and help in a minute or two."

Great. I know she was trying to be my angel, and I had to go along with it, but it is like they don't have anything better to do except look after me.

I climb the stairs two by two leading to the attic, staring at the wooden door. I turn the handle, revealing the dark musky room. It had a few small windows, but since it was reaching ten o'clock there was no sign of light. I stretch to reach the light switch above me, which wasn't one of the clicking ones, but a hanging one, proving how old this place really is. It ends up being too high for my skinny arms to attain, so I decide to search for the blankets in the shadows of the vast room.

I pick up the first box, ready to scrummage through it, when I notice a dark silhouette at the end of the room, crouching down. I stare at it for a few seconds, wondering what, or maybe who, it could be. I make my way towards it, keeping my eyes on the figure. I could work out it wasn't an object, but a person, squatting listening to music. I shuffle closer to her/him, wondering if they even belong to the care home or not.